Share your desktop, what does it look like?

Nice desktop, and welcome to the forum @litemint09

2 Likes

I agree with the above post, @litemint09
The screenshot shows a setup well adjusted for efficient workflow with a matching design.

2 Likes

thank you Ahava and Aravisan, Zorin is my top notched eye candy distro out of the box, running smoothly on a 5th gen NEC laptop, thank you for the Zorin team for all the hardwork they poured out into this distro.

4 Likes

Yup ZorinOS is my babeh :hearts:

Me again with a little tweaks on the desktop, Zorin Lite rocks

9 Likes

I got curious and am currently running Q4OS (based on Debian Bookworm) as I don't think i've tried this distro before. Surprisingly it runs nicely and I have no complaints.
Q4OS 5.3
Cloudy Wallpaper

4 Likes

Nice to see some Q4OS appreciation here
With the classic Window XP look, stability and an exe installer I believe it's a good option for beginners. (Especially for people who want to test Linux on older 32 bit hardware, as in my anectodal experience it gives very little problemsjust likeAntix or MX )

EDIT:
I must specify that I have never used the exe version ("un"fortunately no Windows here) So I can personally only vouch for the complete installation.

2 Likes

That wallpaper is amazing.

:expressionless:

<ducks and hides

1 Like

Am I that predictable?
:stuck_out_tongue:
I was carefully tracing a line trying to solve the maze and reach the Ubuntu Community Logo in the forehead.

This is a whole 'nother topic... But no, not really. I have a lot of gratitude and respect for Canonical and Ubuntu. If you search the forum, you can easily find where I defend them. But, like any company, Canonical has often made questionable or outright invasive or forceful decisions, too. I speak out strongly against these.

As an OS, I really like Ubuntu. It's pros outweigh its cons.

4 Likes

I just installed it cuz I like trying other distros. I’m hands off with windows I’m just checking it out. I’m a 100% Linux person here.

1 Like

That may be woth noting when making suggestions for those limited to 32bit distro's. I don't remember it being suggested before.

2 Likes

I just did some research and honestly, as soon as I have enough free time I'm throwing it at an older 32 bit laptop I have, and maybe (just maybe) installing it on my main pc. The fact that the minimum to run is less than 500 MB RAM and not even a full GHz single-core CPU seems very interesting to me

2 Likes

Nice. Was is easy to get the rounded corners? I would like to do that on my Lite PC.

One Punch Man on Zorin OS :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even Windows can look nice.

3 Likes

Pink Zoriiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn (Yep I'm back on ZorinOS)
ZorinOS 16.3 Pro
WhiteSur Light Nord Theme
MCMojave Circle / WhiteSur Pink Icons
Roseate Wallpaper
Big Sur Status Area Extension
Logo Menu Extension

5 Likes

The gnome-looking android launcher I showed here some weeks ago turned out to be kinda glitchy with the wallpaper (sometimes moving it to the side and leaving a black bar on the other side until I did a full system restart), so I went back to the default samsung launcher, as other launchers I've found just don't give the feel I ask for

On a more positive note, I've found an app that adds a taskbar to devices that don't natively support it (like mine) and while it is not perfect, it sure comes in handy for opening apps in windowed mode easily for better multitasking.

I just need to replace my normal bluetooth keyboard with one that has a touchpad integrated and this will feel like a laptop more than like a tablet :rofl:

3 Likes

This is quite interesting, is this an Android tablet or some sort of emulator?

Android tablet
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 (2016)

I don't have any laptop in good conditions and I needed something to take to university, this tablet was the only option I had available without spending a lot of money, so I'm making it as comfortable to work with as I can

3 Likes