Share your desktop, what does it look like?

Is this for download? it's very cool!

2 Likes

Ubuntu 24.04 ‘Noble Numbat’ Daily Build
Moments Before Sunrise 8 Wallpaper
Flat Remix GNOME Shell

6 Likes

You could always airbrush the logo out and replace with a Z-logo and change the colur scheme to shades of Blue!

Lovely wallpaper, very nice.

@AhavaLeaf I don't know why but looking at ubuntu with blue theme is just weird to me :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks @zenzen :+1:

:joy: yea the other colour was hurting my eyes after a while

1 Like

Yes! Samesies :green_heart::blue_heart:

Revised

5 Likes

Well, been playing around a bit more with MX-Linux KDE and chosen some new settings and colours. The problem with CurvedVolatile and Menu is fine while backdrop is dark/black, but light background, with it having transparency, made the fonts of the menu unreadable, say when Firefox open so here are the new settings!

Global Theme: Colorful-Dark-Global:

Application Style remains as QtCurve:

Plasma Style is now Colorful-Dark-Plasma:

Colour scheme is Colorful-Blue-Dark-Colorscheme:

Window decorations, Colorful-Dark-Aurorae:

Icons are now Magna-Dark-Icons:

Cursors are now Oxygen-Black (most oxygen cursors can go up to 72 pixels as in screenshot):

Splash screen is Colorful-Dark-Global (Neon revolving colours around KDE Logo in middle - the Dark black has concentric repeating circles, looks like a giant loud speaker!}:

Wallpaper is Magna-Logo-Wallpaper-With-Plasma-Logo:

Login screen:

7 Likes

Wow, that looks pretty good. It's making me a little jealous... might switch to it and also give KDE another try :smiley:

The Downside to KDE Plasma 5.27 - Firewall does not have a rule for KDE Connect and the only way to get it working is to turn the firwall off! I do like the fact that you can send Texts from the Desktop GUI though! I am going to raise the issue of a lack of firewall rule for KDE Connect on the MX-Linux forum.

1 Like

Garuda Version - KDE lite

2 Likes

Every time I say this, I regret it.:expressionless:

This is present with KDEConnect installed on Zorin OS Lite and I use it when I have a text conversation where a keyboard is much better than tapping that little phone screen.

Just a quick edit making Zorin look like MAC OSX Leopard
Just cuz i wanna. Sorry if ppl find it boring.
ZorinOS 16.3 Pro
OSX Leopard Theme
Icons Mixed personal use
MAC OSX Leopard Wallpaper
Big Sur Status Area Extension
Logo Menu Extension

5 Likes

To be honest I'm now so used to Gnome and xfce that I'm kinda lazy to learn another workflow when there's no need for it....

Yes! I mean just that mesh trash icon brings me all the way back. I worked hard finding that icon cuz it's been replaced by a more gloss trash icon. So i was happy to bring this all back together.

1 Like

Just updating on the firewall issue in MX-Linux KDE. I was not the only one to notice this issue!

https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?p=751267#p751267

So I too have now installed GUFW and added the pre-compiled application rule to allow KDE Connect through the firewall:

1 Like

Like the conkey can you share the config?

1 Like

Unfortunately no, my Zorin install is borked at the moment. But if I remember right it was part of a few MX conkeys I borrowed because they actually worked for the most part.