Show off your PC surroundings

In the first place, it is strange for a phone to break just by being dropped. If the bezel is made thinner, strength is naturally sacrificed. Although it is also wrong for consumers to care only about the appearance of the product.

3 Likes

I think we all recall in the not so distant past when they didn't.
I had a Sanyo RL-3940 for years. I bought replacement batteries on Craigslist, even, to keep that phone going far beyond its lifetime.
Eventually, I was forced to "upgrade" to the flimsy "smart" (cough) phones. I do protect them in a thick and sturdy case, though.
I have broken a screen one time. That is it. Other than that, I have never broken a phone. I handle them like they are infant baby eggs.

CORRECTION: It has been a long time. It was Sanyo RL-4930.
Oops.

3 Likes

Sanyo is officially a relief merger by Panasonic, but in reality, many of its businesses were sold off and extinguished. Although this is better than only the brand being sold and used by another company.

ELECOM UCAM-CF20FBBK
Integrated webcam and face authentication device. It supports Windows Hello, but it also works with Howdy, and it is convenient to not have to enter the password every time I sudo.

So did I mine were Logitech's .... in fact I still have two of them in a storage box in the spare bedroom .... in their time they were extremely popular as gaming mice until the new mice with the infrared sensor came out .... I resisted for 5-6 months before breaking down and buy one and never looked back ....

My new Corsair has what is called a Optical Gaming Sensor without the red light .... and of course with the DPI Cycle switch it is quite fast .... on highest setting it is faster than I can follow .... :grinning:

1 Like

Panasonic Evolta and eneloop
These are rechargeable dry batteries for wireless devices.

1 Like

The results of replacing the above laptop's storage with SSD were amazing.

$ inxi -D
Drives:
Local Storage: total: 119.24 GiB used: 9.03 GiB (7.6%)
ID-1: /dev/sda model: Hanye N400-128GSY03 size: 119.24 GiB

$ systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 4.260s (kernel) + 25.797s (userspace) = 30.057s
graphical.target reached after 25.781s in userspace

1 Like

Pilot Birdy ballpoint pen

This pen is very small but sturdy, made of stainless steel. I placed an AA battery to compare the size. The thin pen tends to tire the hand easily, but since it is rare to handwrite letters these days, this is not a problem.

1 Like

So true but I have to make notes all the time on notepads as I have a wandering memory and would be lost with out my notepad .... and as I have big hands and fingers I use a pen that has one of those cushion things on the end not so much for comfort but so I can grip the pen better ......

1 Like

I am much better at writing by hand than I am at texting.

2 Likes

I'm a wiz at texting as I use a speak to text program on my phone ..... only problem is I have to turn my WiFi on when I do it ....

I never keep my WiFi turned on for my phone .... to many stupid googly apps want to update and I don't even use them ..... :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Even for offline notes? That seems odd there must be some FOSS app out there that can help with that...

1 Like

Haven't tried any apps other than what comes from googly on my phone .... I only use my phone to text the Mrs or she me .... may check into that .... thanks .... :thinking: :+1:

Well if you need to be online anyway then it's probably fine if that's the only use case for you. I've never actually used any speech-to-text apps myself so I can't really give any recommendations any way... it just seems weird (but again knowing Google not so much)

1 Like

When I note down something, I feel relieved and forget that I made the note itself. :melting_face:

1 Like

Prize for the biggest monitor to PC ratio.

2 Likes

I have pondering to turn my 50" TV into a computer screen... :face_in_clouds:

1 Like

50" might be good. Just don't get a sore neck like I did with the 55".

2 Likes

I Hope your graphic care not overheating cooking eggs on pc.:thinking:

1 Like

Is that so you can still see and use it when away at work?

1 Like