Show off your PC surroundings

• Keyboard: Elecom TK-WS02DMKBK
  • Trackball: Elecom M-MT2DRSBK
  • Display: LG 22MN430H-B (Left) and LG 22MN430M-BAJP (Right)

It is difficult to find a trackball and Japanese keyboard that suits me.

4 Likes

Mine is not that great But, you can see @anon6471198's setup, He spent a hundred grand just for his setup from Corsair :joy: LOL!

6 Likes

I like that mouse is like a spaceship!

1 Like

@kaspar It is an impossible environment for me! I installed Zorin OS because I didn't want to spend money to buy a new PC. :joy:

4 Likes

Its time to go quatum ...

SpinQ Gemini: the first home quantum computer.

$ 5000.

1 Like

@pazoff If all networks eventually required this kit to be the norm then the digital divide would be greater than it is now.
It would also go against the GNU/LInux ethos of "breathing new life into old machines", and thereby reducing e-waste.

2 Likes

I used to use these large trackballs not too long ago. However, rather than looking for one that would fit my hand size, I came up with a way to combine a small one with a wrist rest.

1 Like

KIOXIA TransMemory U301
I like this not only for its looks, but also for its simplicity in function. I have two of these, one is for data backup and is always connected to my PC. The other is a bootable drive.

2 Likes

I have some Toshiba pen drives that look identical to that KIOXIA one. :thinking:
Who copied who?

2 Likes

Me toooo....

@zabadabadoo Toshiba was forced to sell its semiconductor memory business after heavy losses in its nuclear power-related business. The company established as a result is Kioxia.

2 Likes

I had an old laptop at home that I was having trouble getting rid of, so I installed Zorin OS to try it out. To my surprise, Core worked without any problem. This machine is a 2010 model, but the specs were high for that time, so I guess it worked.

$ inxi -b
System:
  Host: Endeavor-NJ3300E Kernel: 5.15.0-46-generic x86_64 bits: 64 
  Desktop: Gnome 3.38.4 Distro: Zorin OS 16.1 
Machine:
  Type: Laptop System: EPSON DIRECT product: Endeavor NJ3300E v: N/A 
  serial: <superuser/root required> 
  Mobo: EPSON DIRECT model: NJ3300E serial: <superuser/root required> 
  BIOS: American Megatrends v: AM8-0205-EG1 date: 03/25/2010 
Battery:
  ID-1: BAT0 charge: 0 Wh condition: 47.3/47.3 Wh (100%) 
CPU:
  Dual Core: Intel Core i7 M 620 type: MT MCP speed: 1463 MHz 
  min/max: 1199/2667 MHz 
Graphics:
  Device-1: Intel Core Processor Integrated Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel 
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.13 driver: i915 resolution: 1366x768~60Hz 
  OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics (ILK) v: 2.1 Mesa 21.2.6 
Network:
  Device-1: Qualcomm Atheros AR8131 Gigabit Ethernet driver: atl1c 
Drives:
  Local Storage: total: 149.05 GiB used: 9.72 GiB (6.5%) 
Info:
  Processes: 208 Uptime: 8m Memory: 7.56 GiB used: 670.6 MiB (8.7%) 
  Shell: bash inxi: 3.0.38
2 Likes

@Turtle11 Not needing peripherals or a large desk is an advantage of laptops.

1 Like

1 Like

I don't like to install a graphics card in Mini-ITX because of the noticeable performance disadvantage in terms of volume ratio compared to iGPUs. ASRock's DeskMeet is more than four times volume of DeskMini, which is not attractive to me.

Small cabinet have a poor cooling fan temperature is high.

PC surroundings?

Usually a mean cat infront of the screen.

6 Likes

@Storm That cat might be after the mouse.

3 Likes

My phone case broke, but it is difficult to get cases for older models, so I decided to take the plunge and not use a case. If the device broke because of that, I didn't mind replacing it. I prefer a display of about 6 inches, and since my hands are not large, I find it much easier to use without a case.

1 Like

You risk your phone breaking instead of the case breaking. I think a case is cheaper to replace. I use a simple low cost gel case which has saved my phone a couple of times on the bounce.

2 Likes