Sleep to wake up is too slow

Have been using Zorin and love it but it's sleep to wake up is too slow and laggy. And OS installed over NVMe SSD still.

Could you install and share the output of screenfetch

I have problem near the same when logout from Zorin and back without restart then I see all screen some a colour it must be template back logo screen and I see only mouse point click and cannot do anything. Button switch restart only help.

I don't like using sleep modes, there has always been issues with them, even when I was on Windows. Sleep modes can also make unnecessary writes to the SSD drives and cause them to fail prematurely. Good recommendation on providing a Screenfetch for information.

sudo apt install screenfetch

Press Y when prompt

Once its finished installed, just type screenfetch. Please post the results.

1 Like

screenfetch
................... asr@Ardhendu-PC
:ooooooooooooooooooo/ OS: Zorin OS 16
/ooooooooooooooooooooo+ Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.11.0-37-generic
'''''''''''''''''''''''' Uptime: 23h 1m
Packages: 2354
.++++++++++++++++++/. :++- Shell: bash 5.0.17
-oooooooooooooooo/- :+ooooo: Resolution: 1920x1080
:oooooooooooooo/- :+ooooooooo: DE: GNOME 3.38.6
.oooooooooooo+- :+ooooooooooooo- WM: Mutter
-oooooooo/- -+ooooooooooooooo: WM Theme: ZorinBlue-Dark
.oooo+- -+ooooooooooooooooo- GTK Theme: ZorinBlue-Dark [GTK2/3]
.-- .-------------------. Icon Theme: ZorinBlue-Dark
Font: Inter 10
.//////////////////////- Disk: 136G / 1.2T (13%)
:oooooooooooooooooooo/ CPU: Intel Core i5-8300H @ 8x 4GHz [47.0°C]
:oooooooooooooooooo: GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
'''''''''''''''''' RAM: 3443MiB / 15866MiB

1 Like

I see that you have an Nvidia GTX 1050 GPU in your machine, have you installed the Nvidia driver? If not, you can do so by switching to the Nvidia 470 driver in Additional Drivers menu.

2 Likes

yeah, it was there from day 1. It's running on "Nvidia On Demand" still. I thinks its optimations issue of lock screen bcz previously i was facing Authentication Error.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.