Smart copy- pasting in Terminal

Some linux distros (namely Elementary OS) include a neat feature which allows users to copy and paste into the terminal simply with Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. It automatically detects whether the user wants to copy something or terminate a command. After experiencing it, I wish that every distro included this feature. It is easy to implement yet it makes working with the Terminal more fluid and natural. Personally I find the Ctrl + shift +C/V very awkward to use while on the other hand Ctrl + C/V just come naturally. Specifically since Zorin is also targetted at Windows users who want to migrate, it is extremely alien to them that Ctrl + C/V does not copy or paste. I assume many people even have to look the shortcut up on the internet.

3 Likes

I like those new feature :slight_smile:

Ich habe fast 20 Jahre mit Apple Mac. vor zwei Jahren dann hatte ich die Schnauze voll und wechselte zu Elementary OS.

Now I just switched from ElementaryOS to ZorinOS. In der Tat habe ich die einfache Copy-Paste Möglichkeit, die ich aus Elementary kannte, gesucht.

Unfortunately I have to relearn for the terminal now. Too bad.

1 Like