So long, and thanks for all the fish

I am in the process of moving and as if this moment, disassembly of my computer will begin.
I will be out of commission for a little while, duration unknown.

7 Likes

Good luck! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Best of luck with the move!

Good luck with the move. If you have parts left over when you reassemble your computer, I can empathize.

3 Likes

Take care Aravisian and good luck .... I hate to move ..... love seeing new places but only as a Back-Packer .... :grinning: .... you will be greatly missed .... hard to replace your knowledge and expertise

Hopefully others will step up to the plate but sadly it won't be me as I have very little knowledge when it comes to Linux .... but I still visit everyday and read the posts and try to comment when I can ....

Now let me see who else I can aggravate .... :rofl: :rofl:

Hope move goes smoothly and everything works when you plug it back in.

So long, and thanks for all the fish

Interesting ..... from the " Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" I assume .... :roll_eyes: :grinning:

3 Likes

Yep.
Logged in on hotspot breifly.
You
Have
No
Idea
how tired I am.
I've loaded the Moving truck Three times, going back in about an hour for a Forth Trip...
When did I get so much stuff... Oh yeah... Years of being a mech.
Milling machines and lathes are Heavy, Man!

Thanks for all the kind words. With that encouragement, back to work...

5 Likes

Good Luck @Aravisian I wish you all the best with moving. Take care - we all be miss you.

1 Like

Good luck @Aravisian wish you all the best and a safe journey. I was just wondering could you guys please grant us the ability to add the trashcan to the dock.

I would suggest you start a new thread for this question.

2 Likes

I'd help p, but I'm not up for another 22 hour drive again anytime soon! I feel your pain. I hate moving (much easier if you leave stuff behind🤪).

If you have things left over when setting up again... you missed something. Remember to ensure connections are solid. That's a rabbit hole you don't want to travel...:neutral_face:.

I hope it goes well and you have help settling into the new place. We'll all pitch in and get you a new place so you can do it again in a few months :grin:. Missing you man.

2 Likes

According to the laws of the universe, you'll have less stuff when you are done moving :laughing: Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much was able to do it with Extensions sorry but hopefully with future versions it would be included.

Internet will be installed on the...12th? I think... So I should be back up to full speed within that week.
Most of the moving is done. I kind of left a car behind... I will get that in a few weeks.
The "car" is a 1978 MG car body that I removed the engine from and put in a large flat screen where the windshield was. Where the engine was, there is a gaming station.
It's an arcade.
Already picked out a new spot for it in the new shop - plenty of room. The bay is 60 feet long.
Still unpacking and undoing the chaos.

5 Likes

That sounds fantastic .... when you get time would be nice if you could posts some photos when it is finished .... there are some rally neat thins that people have made using car parts and bodies .... great to see you back and glad to see the move went well ..... moving is one of the top 5 things that can cause a lot of stress in your life .... but your still young yet (younger than me anyway) .... :grinning:

1 Like

Very Creative… like a SEGA Room

Internet installation is delayed until 22nd... Apparently they need to build a tower.
In my yard.
Rural living...

4 Likes

Good to see your familiar face around here :nerd_face: ..... :grinning:

Is this tower just for your use or will it be also to be used by other persons in your area .... if it is for more than just your household be sure they give you a contract and pay you for the use of your land as they sometimes will take advantage of people by using their land for free while they have to pay for other land usage ....

Just a thought as I'm sure they would have to offer you a contract to put their equipment on your land ...

Just for this house - it must be in excess of 50 feet in order to get a good signal... Which prompted some internet searches on how much can be earned from Renting out tower space to Cell Providers...:grin:

Good thing this is a lot of land...

1 Like