Software updater seems to auto default to China

Maybe Zorin have joined M/soft in agreeing to limit options to China based users?

Chromium does not show the button. I do not know why. Firefox does show it.

Google-chrome also does not show the button.

However, the above is in regards to Download Server for getting Zorin OS, so you only need that if you need a copy of the O.S. or are planning to install Zorin OS 16.

That's uhh... A lot of tabs...

Sorry yes I should have said F/fox shows it, but when open it only gives me options to change the open with app.
There is NO option to change the mirror.

Just tried to do a software upgrade, packages are available but part way through I receive an error re can not connect to Ubuntu what ever.
Ergo I suspect the main and other mirrors are blocked here.
Same as M/soft etal.

Tabs, yes, for a 20 something small ram machine it does get pushed.

1 Like

I am not sure... Please post thorough screenshots and let's try sifting through it.
We may have an error in the sources list or typo that needs correcting.
Or you may need your

sudo apt install --reinstall ca-certificates

That is strange. Let's back-burner this for now and come back to it later.

I am going offline for a while... so no rush on account of me.:wink:

Me too, dinner time here, but don't you get a sense of dejavu here? Will be back tomorrow, if you are off line that's cool, there is no real urgency.

Update Thursday night - no reply needed, for info only.
Tried a few times over past days to do a manual upgrade, each time, same response: failed, check your Internet" yet everything else connects beautifully.

A short time ago it did an auto upgrade, download and install went smoothly. I did a rerun of the Terminal check for CN, still clean. So I dunno. End game is it now seems to work OK and the APPS that have not worked for yonks can now be used via proxy.

I will try to figure how to get Zorin 16 from an other mirror than the CN University.

Anyway @Aravisian, thanks for your help, (and patience) I am always awed at just how much you know!

Cheers :clinking_glasses:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.