[Solved] Steam- Age Of Empires 4 - Problems

Anyone knows if the AMD graphics is better then NVIDIA for linux gaming or is the same? Just for curiosity

What i read, is that NVIDIA have best performance....and AMD is "native" drivers for linux....i was think if this AMD could work better and if this problem in Age o Empires will work in AMD?

1 Like

I used to think that way too.
But this kernel level support for AMD has been quite a disappointment :frowning:

I think I will stick to NVidia for my next built.

2 Likes

Advanced Micro has been getting kicked around for years...even when I was using the K5's

They build a good product IMO , but I've been using Nivida for the obvious reason for the last 20 plus years

1 Like

No matter how good the product is, it is useless without a driver.

Driver is a communicator between hardware and OS.
If there is no driver, it is like two people who speak different languages try to communicate without an interpreter or translator.

2 Likes

Guys i mange to play the game.

I read about the launch options, but i didn't know where i can find....finally i manage to get :stuck_out_tongue:

Need to put this VK_ICD_FILENAMES=/usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/nvidia_icd.json %command% to play.

Now, i can play :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help guys.

4 Likes

Enjoy Zorin & your game!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.