Some general questions about ZorinOS, and switching from Windows

Now... if you were older, then people would say that the above is true due to your age.

It really comes down to how you use Windows. I had to use cmd prompt a lot. In fact, on Windows, command prompt is so often called upon that it is included in the start menu.
I do use the terminal much more in Linux. This is partly that I may have used it much more on Windows had I the opportunity or if I needed to do so more than I did.
I have come to appreciate and enjoy the terminal far more due to Linux.
The terminal is a very powerful tool, so Windows Devs really prefer to keep the user away from it for all but the most basic things.

Linux trusts the user more and when a person is trusted more, they are better able to learn how capable they are.
In our societies, most often, a persons capabilities are far more limited by how others perceive them and tell the person of those perceptions, than by their own limitations.

2 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My two cents...Gosh, at 77, I guess I am "older". However, I have been using computers since before the days of Windows thanks to having been in the telecom world. Still, I am a kindergartner in Linux but have qulckly learned Linux Mint Cinnamon on my mid-2011 iMac and Zorin on my early-teens Lenovo T431s. With both, my criterea for success is, do all the dadgum keys work as inteneded by the manufacturer? Once I am assured of that, then I have enjoyed learning the nuances of distros. As mentioned, conversion decisions depend on how willing and capable people are of learning. To be sure, MS products, i.e. Windows and Office have become more complicated and expensive anyway so learning Linux is even easier. I long for the simplicity of Windows 3.0 and 3.1. Linux, Open Office, and LibreOffice fill the bill.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.