Start Menu and Shortcuts editing not simple

I always thought that installing another DE over primary DE brings more chaos :wink:

For example I installed xfce over gnome Zorin, and in running apps, services etc I saw lot gnome services ( logged in xfce)

Maybe I needed to remove gnome after or i missed some steps

You should not need to remove Gnome. That said, I have installed XFCE on Zorin 16 Core and I do not see gnome processes running unless I start them. If I kill the process I start, it stays stopped. So I am not sure on this.
There are some services that are Base to the System. This would be as true on Xubuntu, as on Zorin OS Core with XFCE installed.

Installing some D.E.'s can add things you don't expect. Mate or KDE can add quite a lot - installing Mate usually brings a start up sound you did not have before. :stuck_out_tongue:
But chaos? No... I would not say that at all.

Admittedly, when I remove either Mate or KDE, I remove all of it by using Synaptic, instead of using the terminal.

I tried also with KDE , but so many "bloats" . But KDE is really great for customization. Maybe I will try again, one more time.

I am using purge via terminal xD Just removed now all apps which I dont use.
Just to sew how far I can go :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha Ha. Sometimes "bleeding edge" leads to "Bleeding Hell !"

1 Like

True. There are countless threads on bleeding edge distro regarding breakage all the time.

1 Like

I know. Luckily I can easily recover it. That way I learn a lot.

But yes, I have only latest mesa drivers and kernel 5.14 :stuck_out_tongue:

Once I found perfect setup, I will stay with it. Need to buy new hard for external backup :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.