Start Menu pinning

Hello,

I am new to Zorin, and was looking to have another operating system on my pc to play with. See what games i can get working etc. The interface selections are very cool, how you can have mac os and various other options. Is there a way of adding one that works like Windows 7? For me that was the best start menu interface ever created.

Thanks for your help!

Lazy

1 Like

The Pro version offer a Mac style layout. Core comes with 4 layouts while Pro comes with 8.

1 Like

It depends on the layout what the menu will look like. The default layout app menu best resembles win 7. Other layouts may change the app menu layout (one resembles gnomes app screen). While pro offers more layout options, it shouldn't be the only reason to support the os.

1 Like

i am hoping to find a layout where i can pin the software on the left like on the windows 7 start menu. At the moment its just categorised list of applications.

1 Like

You can still use Zorin OS using ArcMenu. It's an alternative to default Zorin Menu. I'm not sure if you can have a layout without categories in the menu bcs I haven't used it in a long time

1 Like

I was thinking the same :smile:.

I haven't tried it but probably can be done using Main Menu, looks like you can create either a new category (New Menu) or a direct shortcut to the program you want (New Entry) but personally I didn't want even to try, just to not have a new problem and mess up the menu :face_exhaling:. If you still didn't do any changes you can try and if you make something wrong you restore the default configuration. A fast way to access apps can be the third Zorin Appearance type, too (Zorin Menu > Zorin Appearance > Type > the third type). Or Applications (shows all installed apps), an icon that can be added to the taskbar (right-click the taskbar > Taskbar Settings > Position > click Visible button on Show Applications Button).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.