Startup sound?

1 Like

Check startup applications to see that the sound is enabled.

1 Like

Beleave it or not i did enable the startup sound in my startup manager in both machines desktop and laptop and only works in desktop for some reason. by the way I am using the same version of zorin 16 pro.

2 Likes

Hello. I have the same problem and I never noticed it because I always a mic and sound splitter cable plugged into my earphone and mic socket. Here is how I fixed mine

If you are not a newbie, I will give you a shortened version of the steps I am giving below - Create a new start up with same command as the original startup sound.

• First go to startup application preferences
• Go to the start up sound (the name may differ because may have done
something to make it disappear, and I don't remember the name
correctly :expressionless: )
• Then select it and then select edit.
• Go and copy the command.
• Make a new startup application by pressing start.
• Name it as you wish (I named it 'Login Sound')
• Paste the command in the command box.
• Add a comment you wish.
• Save
• Now uncheck the real startup sound and check the newly made one.

This may not seem as a solution but give it a try. I am saying this because it worked for me. :smiley:

If this does not work then copy the command and paste it in terminal and look if you have a startup sound file.

2 Likes

I am afraid did not work for me. could you please confirm the startup sound file location is it not: usr/share/sounds/zorin/stereo/desktop-login.ogg

1 Like

It is in there for me.

Do you not have it there?

I have the same issue infact. No startup sound or shutdown sound.

How can i get into startup manager ???? or usr/share/sounds/zorin/stereo/desktop-login.ogg ????

Because i unhide my files and there is nothing like that usr/share

1 Like

Click on :zorin: logo, type startup, click on the startup manager. You should already see a list of things in there, one of them will be startup sound. Its unchecked by default.

1 Like

You get me lost there already, i don't have it.

1 Like

You made me take a screenshot...

Startup Applications

1 Like

Well for some reason i dont see it. Will check that one out for tommorow. I am on Pop! OS right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well i don't have it ... can i reinstall that ?

Edit: Got it! i had to reinstall it because a few weeks ago i reinstalled gnome

1 Like

Very interesting! I think we just discovered something important.

Zorin Core doesn't come with a key utility component of the OS that Zorin PRO does. Startup Applications APP.

Go to the software store, type startup. Search should find startup applications, install it, problem hopefully solved.

1 Like

Yes it does, i deleted it when i had issues with gnome :). Aravisian helped me reinstalling gnome.

I got it back with synaptic.

1 Like

Oh... blame me... ok.

2 Likes

Well i got the sound enabled now thanks for the tip haha.

2 Likes

I have it. I am on core.

Thats what happened, thats how i got thrown for a loop on the Startup App.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.