Steam scale very small

Hi! I have issue with Steam scale, it's too small font and another interface. I have 2k resolution and 125% scale but if i tryed to change scale it doesn't work with it. I did another method with writing comand GDK_SCALE=2 steam but games start in a small window
Is there any idea how to solve this problem?

This thread contains two possible posts that may help:

Scroll to

For anyone stumbling into this in the future.
If you find the default UI too small and GDK_SCALE=2 too big, you can apply a zoom to the steam UI instead for 150%, 125% etc. Here's how for Ubuntu based distros for example:
(make sure your directories are the same)

and

Start steam client adding parameters -w 1368 -h 768 or whatever size you want, always smaller than your monitor resolution. The smaller value, the bigger overall size of steam client, including fonts.

I tryed to do first solution, i created skin with 2 scale, but it did nothing

Fractional scaling on Gnome Linux really is a Work In Progress.

I suspect the fractional scaling with 4k monitor is the crux of the issue.

1 Like

Usually, like on games, there's a way to change font size directly from settings inside the software itself, but I can't know for sure, I don't have Steam, not yet. Can gsettings permission help? It's available on some software on Settings > Applications > click the software name.

It's sad. So we should give feedback to developers and that's it? :face_exhaling:

2 Likes

I would like to agree as all Steam Users like myself will experience the same issue. Whilst the GNOME settings are correct and each user (like myself) with enlarged text/fractional scaling/your user preference, steam remains its default "1" valued text size. Valve should include by default with its Application to allow follow UI settings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.