Struggling to open laptop

Sorry it seem odd question but i struggled. Just before Brexit I bought a linux laptop from this company in the Netherlands from the Zorin website, the laptop is a Clevo NH55RZ. I want to add a second SSD for storage, does anyone have the same machine and has managed to open up the case for upgrade? I took out the screws, but it was still sealed and I didn't want to force it.

To open a notebook computer, removing the screws alone is not enough. You will need a spudger set, or those guitar pick looking things, to careful pry at the edges, to pop the bottom cover off.

This is my Ifixit kit...
IMG-2437

Its expensive of course, it doesn't have to be this one. But if your going to be working on notebooks, just having a set of screwdrivers is not enough. You need some spudger tools or the guitar pick things.

I had no problem buying my kit and supporting Ifixit though, cause they were going to every state in our country pushing hard for Right To Repair. So ya.

The graphic designer knows what to do with this 15.6 inch Clevo NH55RZQ. This model for the more intensive user has a powerfull 9th gen Intel Core i5 processor and an Intel UHD 630 graphics chip!

Portability: 15.6-inch display - battery up to 4 hours - 2.2kgStorage: Max. 1x M.2 PCIe SSD - 1x 2.5" SSD/HDDGraphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630Snelheid: Intel 9gen i5 - Max. 64GB memory

Storage* 1 x 2.5″ (7mm) SATA HDD support
1 x M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 / SATA interface
We use the latest generation Samsung EVO (Plus) M.2 and 2.5inch SSDs and Seagate Barracuda HDDs

1 Like

Your best bet is to look up a guide on how to disassemble. Plenty can be found on YouTube.

P.S: If you cannot find any videos for your laptop model, look up "Clevo NH55RZ laptops", and you might find the same model being manufactured, just under a different brand name (because Clevo primarily sells their schematics to other manufacturers, instead of manufacturing them themselves). Then, try looking up the YouTube video for that, instead. Internally, the models have little to no variation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.