Suspend issue

hello everyone, I have a problem after completing the installation when the computer is in sleep and then wants to be used again suddenly the screen turns black and looks like there is a glitch. I also encountered this problem when using xubuntu, can anyone help?

Sadly, it is and has been a long standing Ubuntu issue:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+wake+from+sleep+black+screen&oq=Ubuntu+wake+from&aqs=chrome.1.0i512l2j69i57j0i512j0i22i30l6.3879j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I don't what i have to do my laptop is Asus X441ba and it use amd a9. do you have any suggestions?

You might try an earlier stable kernel and test if that resolves the issue:

sudo apt install linux-headers-5.8.0-63-generic linux-modules-5.8.0-63-generic linux-modules-extra-5.8.0-63-generic linux-image-5.8.0-63-generic

You need to tap esc or tab at boot and pull up Advanced Options for Zorin in order to choose the earlier kernel to boot into and test.
Once done, open a terminal and check:

uname -r

It should say 5.8.0-63

Test if the issue persists.

Thank you so much, i Will try

thanks for the help, everything is working normally now. but since i am newbie i want to know is there any difference between 5.13 and 5.08 or is there something i should avoid?

Yes, there are differences, but I could not list them out (nor do I really know them without hitting the literature).
A Kernel, for computing, is a Set of Drivers. All operating systems have a kernel; Android, Windows, Mac OS, Unix and Unix-like systems like Linux.
Drivers are essentially Translation and Delegate programs.
Your hardware runs itself, the O.S. you are interfacing with does not. The O.S. communicates with the hardware, through the Drivers.
For example, your Video Card - it has its own operating system, programmed by the manufacturer. Your OS (In this case, Zorin OS) communicates with the video card OS. In your case, through the AMD Graphics drivers included in the Linux Kernel.

The different between 5.8 and 5.13 appears to be that there is a regression in the 5.13 that fails to include necessary driver data for proper communication.
You may be able to install and use a later kernel, like 5.10 or 5.11 or a variant of 5.13, even, that does not have that regression.
The 5.8 was just one that I already know works, so I threw that one out there for you to try.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.