Swift 3 SF314-42 fingerprint login not available despite being enabled

Greeting to everybody,

This is my first time using Zorin OS in my laptop, an ACER SWIFT 314-42, and I am really impressed by my positive experience so far but I have not been able to enable fingerprint login for my user.

I have tried following the steps recommended in the tutorial "Fingerprint Login - Zorin Help" but the option still doesn't appear in the users settings panel.

Have also seen this had already been asked before "Fingerprint on Acer Swift 3" but I was not lucky following the advise of fixing it using the terminal...

Could someone please confirm me if there is any work around I could follow as a total begginer to activate this option? If not possible I would also like to know if my laptop model Acer Swift 3 SF314-42] is not compatible yet with Linux because of drivers.

Thanks a lot for this awesome piece of software and this wonderful community.

Looking forward to hear from you all and to learn together,

Have a beautiful Sunday,

Adrià

1 Like

If you can see the add FingerPrint option then use this,

if not seeing anything :-

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fingerprint/fingerprint-gui
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv EFD5FA852F20733F
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libbsapi policykit-1-fingerprint-gui fingerprint-gui

Note: Fingerprint-gui replaces some packages. Removing it does not restore original packages, which has to be done manually. It is not a serious issue. If anything else fails, it may be worth trying.

If not working,

5 Likes

Thank you @ghostminator

I read and followed both tutorials with no further luck.

The most I could achieve was to show the fingerprint option under my user options menu, but in a lighter grey which I cannot click. After a few seconds this option disappears completely again and it is hidden (removed from the list).

Captura de pantalla de 2022-08-28 18-21-41

Thanks again for your help,

1 Like

I think the name of my Acer Swift 3, fingerprint driver is this "Bus 003 Device 002: ID 1c7a:0575 LighTuning Technology Inc. EgisTec EH575".

Captura de 2022-08-28 18-28-29

Would you have any other advise I could follow to try to fix it and make it work?

Greetings,

Adrià

1 Like

Try this Tutorial :-

6 Likes

No driver exists even in the most recent kernel of 5.18:

1 Like

Thank you sir, hope it is included in future versions

This is beyond Team Zorin control. This is down to whether the kernel will be able to have it.