Tabs in file explorer

Today I saw a picture of a new Windows 11 build with tabs in the file explorer.

This is really handy for me so I'm wondering does ZorinOS having a function like that?

1 Like

Morning HSG which version of Zorin are you using or want to use Core or Lite thanks.

1 Like

Hello,

I'm using ZorinOS16.1 core version.

1 Like

Hello I run Zorin Lite just been checking and Nautalus your file manager has built in tab support, if you right click on any folder you have the option to open in a new tab or window, hope this helps. Let us know thanks.

Below is an ubuntu video but ubuntu has the nautalus file manager.

1 Like

You're right. :smiley: I also figured out when you press "shift" and "enter" it will also open a new tab for your entire file explorer.

But is there also a way to have a open-new-tab-button above the screen?

afbeelding
Next to the search-button for example?

1 Like

Great news @HSG cheers for the image. Have a good day cheers.

1 Like

Thanks but actually I also asked an extra question. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Morning @HSG how can I help.

Is there also a way to create an extra button above the screen. An open-new-tab-button next to the search-button for example?

Sorry just read the question again, I will look into this and get back to you. Thanks.

1 Like

No problem. Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Morning @hsg I need to go out on a call now, is it ok if I can get back to you this afternoon. Thanks.

1 Like

No problem. :slight_smile: No hurries.

You could always install PCMan - available in the Software Channel:

1 Like

Or its cousin SpaceFM which is one of my standing favorites, as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the advices but what are the differences between SpaceFM and PCman?

SpaceFM is a fork of PCmanFM.
It comes preloaded with powerful Right Click Menu options, ability to use root actions easily and multi-pane view.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.