Telegram new messages counter badge malformed - Z16 Beta

I understand your point of view. However, this is not a case of "sweeping under the rug."
As you, yourself, point out- troubleshooting is done in steps. You were vague, not truly acknowledging the steps and when I sought to confirm the steps- you got short. As an "IT Pro", you should know better. Saying, "I tried that" to a list of multiple proposed tests is vague and unhelpful to a person trying to help you.

I am not an Admin. Only the Zorin Group are Admins. However; locking the thread to cool things down is a proper move. Drawing your attention to solutions you hand-wave away is also not improper.

It certainly looked that way to me, as well. Which is why I kept attempting to get you to Clearly Examine that issue without your short passive aggressive allusions to failure.

Yes, you were Right that it appears to be independent of the themes included on the system. It shouldn't have spawned an argument settling that when you could have

1. ) Clearly stated what themes you tried and which steps you took.
  2. ) If you find something to not be the right direction or not helpful, to politely clarify it. Short terse anger or accusatory tones will not inspire anyone to want to help you if they witness abusive, if not least, rude and unappreciative responses from you.

The next suggestion that I would make would be to disable all Gnome-Extensions. Once disabled, log out, then log back in. While this is tedious; open the tweaks again and ensure that all gnome-extensions are still disabled after logging in. Then, test Telegram notifications.
This is to test if a Gnome-Extension is interfering with the Telegram app.

Next suggestion: Copy your ~/.config directory as ~/.config-bkp
Reboot - test Telegram - This is to test if any Configuration Files have corrupted the app.

Agreed. I have removed that solution marking as you imply that you have examined the entirety of it. You state you tested other installation methods.

I understand the frustration you have. A app is not working right. The App dev led you elsewhere and this thread has not been a walk in the park. However... What you are asking for is not reasonable.
You cannot ask others to Test your app for you and post screenshots of it. This may appear reasonable on the surface, but it is not. This is because:

1. ) You are aiming for the odds that another user is in the same position as you in a timely manner. This is a long shot and very inefficient. It makes far more sense to directly troubleshoot and test on your known affected machine.
  2. ) You are asking for help. In that position, this thread is not a debate column, but a HelpDesk. You cannot demand that others do it your way by your method. Why would any person want to offer help with such constraints?

This attitude.
You say you are an IT Pro. Then you know that troubleshooting is not done by a person popping in and handing you a Total Solution in one go. It is trying different things and testing all the possibilities - it is most certainly not slapping the person who is voluntarily working through the steps with you.
It is most certainly not treating the HelpDesk like an incompetent simply because the first two points examined did not immediately resolve all issues (much less against vague and terse responses.)
This is not Burger King. You don't get to have it your way and when someone takes time out of their day while also working on cars in the heat to try to help you - Do Not Slap Them In The Face with such accusatory tones.

Are you using fractional scaling?

Nope:

You may go ahead and try the sugestions above- to disable gnome-extensions or to replace the ~/.config - just to be thorough. That said,

This also looks promising. The simplest test on this would be if you have another standard Monitor available to test on... Such as a 1080.

Glad to see you are on track to a solution.

My opinions opposed you asking others on this forum to Test your App for you and post Screenshots. My opinion did not, at any time, oppose you asking others on a TELEGRAM FORUM if they see the issue.

This is exactly what I wanted. A simple screenshot of the badge to check if they see the same issue and not to split the atom.

But you came and made this thread overcomplicated.

For the final time; That is enough of your Abuse. Closing thread.

While it is gratifying that you found help on a Telegram users Group, on this forum, there are guidelines and Steps for troubleshooting against Known Functions.
You will NOT abuse nor belittle people whether you find them "helpful" or not.
This is now made Clear To You and I am sure you understand that it is Not Up For Debate or for you to edit in further character attacks.
This is not about you nor about me.
What would this forum be like as a HelpDesk if members could routinely belittle others and demean others in the manner you have?
There is no justification, at any time, for any member to ever feel as absolutely Fed Up as this thread devolved into. Whether you found the suggestions helpful or not- at No Time should you belittle those offering help. Period.

Not every suggestion or first attempt at examining troubleshooting will be successful. There is no point in that where you are "right" or "validated" or "vindicated" in belittling others, making demands or rejecting the HelpDesk.
While I acknowledged your frustration that the app notifications were not working properly, this does not mean you are then permitted to take that frustration out on members trying to help you resolve it.
I posted a copy of the #BeCivil portion of the guidelines of the forum to you early in the thread.

2 Likes