The installation is stopped

I have a raid controller with ahci drivers installed, Pop! Os refuses to boot when i install the os on the nvme card, no matter how many times i install it it does not work. I even removed my 2 other sata drives to see if it will work on the nvme bit it keeps refusing. The funny thing is, when i install linux on the nvme drive it wil overwrite a string in the bios and i cant boot in my m2 sata drive by default, i have to press f12 and select it manually. It was so frustrating a few months ago that i did a fresh install and deleted everything on the nvme drive

Raid and nvme is troublesome in linux sadly.

Does your laptop supports 64 bit file system?

3 Likes

Yes, you are right for asking this question.
Since we have almost no information on OP's laptop we are doing this merry goose hunt.

@Bubby thought OP's machine was very old HDD laptop.
I thought it was one of those latest NVme laptop.

We asked OP to tell us a make/model of his laptop and this is the only reply we got:

I suggest we put this case on the back burner till OP comes back with information we need.
Otherwise, we go nowhere.

2 Likes

I already did...at least WE are on the same page :+1:

Not sure about the OP would seem if you go to the auto garage you kind of know what car you drive

2 Likes

I was gonna start a betting for OP's laptop identity, but we might better start betting whether OP bother to come back here or not :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I have made this mistake a few times.:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Aren't we all...
And I still make this mistake time-to-time.
That big image is so inviting to click.

1 Like

agreed

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.