[Theme] Stormtrooper Icon Set - >> RELEASED <<

I do not believe that it does. I have never seen it...
And doing a quick net search suggests that there is not one.
This may change in the future as there is a growing trend toward doing so.
Distro Developers wish to set their distro apart by being different or offering something different than other distros. There are two basic ways of doing this: The Desktop Environment and what software is included. A minimal install resists what software is included... so Distro Devs would prefer to resist Minimal install.
It is what makes a minimal install option on Zorin OS Pro kind of an oxymoron.

In the below summary, Included the list of Cinnamon D.E. Specific icons. I just compiled this list based on my own icon sets that I have made - so please let me know if any are missing.
I am also keeping a copy of this list saved since I should have made one long ago to save myself headaches...

Summary

Actions:
nemo-auto-arrange
nemo-horizontal-layout
nemo-vertical-layout
nemo-horizontal-layout-wide
nemo-vertical-layout-wide
nemo-eject

Apps:
cs-applets cs-backgrounds cs-bluetooth cs-cat-admin cs-cat-appearance cs-cat-hardware cs-cat-themes cs-color csd-a11y-keyboard
csd-a11y-settings cs-date-time csd-automount.svg csd-background csd-clipboard csd-color csd-cursor csd-datetime cs-default-applications
cs-desklets cs-desktop-effects cs-desktop cs-details csd-housekeeping cs-display csd-keyboard csd-media-keys csd-mouse
csd-orientation.svg csd-power csd-printer.svg csd-print-notifications.svg cs-drivers csd-screensaver-proxy csd-sound csd-wacom csd-xrandr
csd-xsettings cs-extensions cs-firewall cs-fonts cs-general cs-input-method cs-keyboard cs-language.svg cs-login
cs-mouse cs-network cs-notifications cs-online-accounts cs-overview cs-panel cs-power cs-privacy cs-region
cs-screensaver cs-screen cs-session-properties cs-software-properties cs-software-sources cs-sound cs-sources cs-startup-programs.svg cs-tablet.svg
cs-themes cs-tiling cs-universal-access cs-user.svg cs-windows cs-workspaces
csd-a11y-keyboard csd-a11y-settings csd-automount.svg csd-background csd-clipboard csd-color csd-cursor csd-datetime
csd-housekeeping csd-keyboard csd-media-keys csd-mouse csd-orientation.svg csd-power csd-printer.svg csd-print-notifications.svg
csd-screensaver-proxy csd-sound csd-wacom csd-xrandr csd-xsettings

Categories:
cs-universal-access

Places:
cinnamon
cinnamon_badge

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

:face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears: ...... Awwwwwww just for me .... I'm touched ..... thank you kind sir ...... I'd heard that Mint was full of bloat but never really tried it myself ..... will try the Cinamon version as so as you get'ur done ....

1 Like

@Frog can you please test the latest version of Stormtrooper (v1.1a) an report back of missing icons?

1 Like

I'll get back to you .... I've come down with something yesterday so it is kinda hard for me to concentrate ..... give me a couple of days ..... the medicine I'm taking makes me sleepy and i have to take it every 6 hours .....

I tried to get the file to download but all I get is this and it doesn't download..... I'm sure I'm doing something wrong as I'm having a problem concentrating .....

1 Like

No problem, no haste here. Just get well.

2 Likes

Ok going to try this again today but for some reason I can't download the file from the website .... I click on it and it does nothing ..... see photo .... what am I doing wrong ..... I'm using the v1.1b as I see you updated it and v1.1a is no longer there ....

Try this: Stormtrooper/Stormtrooper.tar.xz at main · SethStormR/Stormtrooper · GitHub

1 Like

OK I finally got a zip file to download by clicking on the CODE button and choosing the zip file ......

Not really sure how to open a zip file in Zorin but I'll give it a shot ..... be right back if I have any problems ,,,,,,

1 Like

Well that worked out fine found some Cinnamon icons under the Settings menu you might want to look at ..... photo below and the settings icon itself is different .... I believe it is the 2 gears ...... some of the others are app dependent like ExMplayer and XnView MP (the orange one) these are what I use but you can't be expected to have icons for ALL apps available .....

1 Like

Version 1.1c is now avilable!!!

Version 1.2 has been released!!!

1 Like

Thank you sir ..... just downloaded it and will post photos later ..... :+1:

Here you are ..... I like it as it adds a bit more contrast .... I was using Mystique but I may try this Stormtrooper for a while .....

1 Like

Out of curiosity... Why are all your folder and files marked as unknown? :thinking:

1 Like

Excellent question ..... I have no idea ...... it just appeared one day ..... everything is like that ..... all my pictures ..... videos folders etc ..... they all say unknown .... doesn't seem to hurt anything as far as I know but it is kinda goofy looking ..... :sunglasses:

1 Like

Version 1.4 is out!

1 Like

Not sure what you did but I don't see any changes running Cinnamon DE ..... still looks great .... :+1: :clap:

1 Like

Mostly game updates.

• Apps: Tuba, Cura, Kitty, Signal, Prusa Slicer,
  • Games: (Steam) The Last Spell,
  • Games: (Steam) Wolchen: Lords of Mayhem,
  • Games: (Steam) Zoria: Age of Shattering (Demo),
  • Games: (Steam) War of the Overworld,
  • Games: (Steam) Frostpunk 1+2,
1 Like

Thanks ..... that explains it then ..... :grinning: