[Theme] Stormtrooper Icon Set - >> RELEASED <<

StormtrooperLogo
Stormtrooper Icon set is a mix of Papirus and Fluent icon theme which I have heavily edited with Inkscape. It's a Black & White theme with transparent elements and depth.

Screenshot

Video

Download

3 Likes

Added video to original post.

Progress:
Mimetype icons done.
Emblem icons done.
Action icons done.
Apps icons; Letter A to D is done.
Devices icons not done.

1 Like

Great video Storm ..... I especially like the music goes very well with your icon theme ...... :+1: :clap:

Thanks! I just remade the video :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A to G is done. That was that nights work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now back to work from where I left it and continue from letter H. A long night awaits and coffee will be my saving.

1 Like

I've reach the letter O in the app list. This going to take awhile as a lot of apps starts with o icon wise (org.). And when I reach the letter S it's also going to take some time as I've a lot of Steam games added to it.

1 Like

At last O is done... 100s of icons crunched.

Apps all done!!! Now I only need devices icons to be done.

1 Like

I have released Beta version of the icon theme and are now available for testing, please see the original post for download link.

1 Like

No responds? I have worked like a horse to get a polished icon set out in haste. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Great icon theme. Will download and try it out. :wink:

1 Like

You already know my response.:wink: But I have yet to have had a chance to download the set. I will, though.

1 Like

Hey ..... give me time to wake up and open my CC so I can read the board ..... :rofl:

Here is what it looks like on my CC ..... (compact computer) this sure ain't a notebook ...... :angry:

Although I'm not a big fan of space items I'm gonna keep this for a few days and see if my appetite changes ..... I still like your other icon set Mystique ..... I simply :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: that one ..... thank you for all your hard work .... :+1: :clap: :beer: :beer: :beer:

1 Like

-chuckle-

1 Like

Now that 0.9 Beta has been released - I will make the last missing icons, the device icons.

2 Likes

So I want to make Stormtrooper compatible with Cinnamon just for @Frog sake. I then installed Mint - Cinnamon in VM. God, mint is full of ■■■■-ware and the kitchensink and its siblings. We are talking about the mothership of bloat! How can people be happy with that? The Cinnamon in the other hand is nice to use.

2 Likes

Version 1.0 has been released!!!

What's new?

• Added Device Icons
  • Cinnamon support on its way (not fully completed)

Only available through Github. Pling will get its weekly update in 4 days.

1 Like

To allow you less headache, I can send you a list of the Icon Names that are Cinnamon-Specific.

I have installed many other Desktops on Zorin OS including:

• Enlightenment
  • Plasma (KDE)
  • Trinity
  • LXDE and LXDE-gtk3
  • Mate
  • Budgie

and some other window managers and lesser known environments.
They all brought a ton of dependencies and additional packages. It is just part of what happens when installing an entire new environment. And all of it is generally necessary to complete the desktop environment.
Bloat refers to excessive, redundant or unnecessary packages.

I have installed Linux Mint and here, I would agree that it contains a few unnecessary packages. Namely, its integrated Mint Upgrader system. It stands apart from other desktops in that it is heavily integrated and overly complicated and is independent of the more standardized APT system.
Those details bother me and it is why I prefer Cinnamon D.E. on Zorin OS. Cinnamon also runs smoother without bogging down over time on Zorin OS, whereas on Mint, after a brief time of usage, it begins to slow down.

2 Likes

If it just have a minimal installation option (I couldn't see one, does it have it?).