Themes & Such

Hello Everyone,
With all the craziness on the new installs/issues, I thought it a good time to
discuss the positives many of us are having. I'm interested on seeing how y'all
have themed your desktop. Maybe open a window or two, take a screen shot and post it..? Mention the theme and any tweaks you have made...
Truth is, I'm looking to steal some good ideas...lmao...

I have done away with themes and settled on using the Gnome Desktop. I cannot find my settings anymore, so I no longer feel the need to customize. Now, everything is flat, bland and dull, as it should be.

2 Likes

I tried that...lol After a few hours I hit up Gnome-look. Browsed themes, icons. Tried a few. Guess, you could say I'm experiencing creative block... And I figure some people do put the effort into the theming of their system, so why not ask to see if they'd like to share their creations.

1 Like

Ok... well, you already know I make and use my own themes and I do put them up in case others want to torment themselves with them.
Storm also does a lot of custom work so look forward to his replies.

I admit- I really like to mix n' match on themes :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes, knew that. As well as you use the Cinn DE. Seen some of your efforts posted here, very nice. Just thought some novices would like to give it a go...
Storm and yourself are at a much higher level. You can make what you think of.
Me, I look at stuff for ideas....lol

Mine look like this atm.
Homemade icons and modified Zorin GTK and Gnome shell

1 Like

_Theme : ShadeZ-Dark-Glass by Storm
Icons : WinSur
Shell: Orchis dark compact

2 Likes

I am not using any extra theme or icon pack, In my opinion the Zorin themes are perfect, Unfortunately I can't set the black folder color by default. Anyway, I am using the purple theme on Zorin OS, I know it's girlish... :roll_eyes: But I like it.
I am using gnome layout plank for dock applications with custom theme (modify another theme to suits Zorin theme)

3 Likes

Ah... but it matches so well with the... sunflower... in the background. :smiley:

1 Like