There was an error logging in. If the problem persists, check your internet connection.

Hello, I can't access my account in the Minecraft launcher. Always gives a connection error: There was an error logging in. If the problem persists, check your internet connection.

Are you using Firewall (UFW), proxy or VPN?

No, I downloaded zorin yesterday, I didn't download any vpn, I also noticed that the system is very slow compared to w10, my computer is very powerful, even so the browsers are slow to load, the software app is slow, minecraft always crashes connection error, can't download the update, always gives repository error

You may want to check this :point_down:.

Same mistake...

If your adapter manufacturer is Atheros, this solution should work for you.

Was your adapter Atheros?

What is the output of:

sudo lshw -C network

Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.

Which driver are you using?

Where can I check this?

It should show in the command above output.

The wireless interface is using the iwlwifi driver.
Ethernet interface is using r8169 driver.

I focused on that because for me, at least, Zorin OS outpaces Win10, easily. Even when I had Win10 on the SSD and Zorin OS on the HDD. And that is pretty demonstrative.

Really, your initial issue was with Minecraft Launcher - which would best be examined by looking at the launcher and compatibility.
But then you raised that Zorin OS seems sluggish over-all on New Hardware and that is very unusual.
The iwlwifi driver is pretty solid. So we may be barking up the wrong tree to go chasing that.

There are a lot of factors that may relate. We currently have no information on Your machine, year make and model. We know, currently, that the Network is handled by a Realtek branded adapter or builtin card.
We do not know if you are dual booting, whether Zorin OS is on a spinning HDD or an SSD, if that is eMMC or nVME...
I think your best bet at this point is to be less sparing in what information you are willing to give in order to have the best chance of narrowing down what is causing the apparent sluggishness.

As far as MineCraft goes: Perhaps those who are more knowledgeable with gaming might chime in on this thread. I have never played Minecraft at all. I do not know what platform you are using to launch it or how you installed it.

1 Like

Are you using the original Minecraft launcher?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.