Thinkorswim trading platform install

YEP...
There's your problem. A gnome-extension is the Failure point...

Let's try testing having just the Auto-Move-Windows extension disabled.

If no good, try native-window-placement extension

1 Like

Both were already disabled.

1 Like

Long long ago in a galaxy far far away. :grin:

1 Like

Back to this problem. I now have two programs that open but they open minimized and when I try to select them, they fly off screen up and to the left, across a second screen and disappear. Everytime you click it, off she goes. The programs are System Monitor (that came with Z16) and Thinkorswim trading platform that I installed. I tried disabling all gnome extensions per Aravisian and that stopped it but also completely screwed up the entire desktop. The Auto-Move-Windows extension was not enabled anyway. When gnome extensions are disabled, I click on the little window button on the left of the top bar and it shows me open programs, I can choose the either of the offenders and move it to the screen to the left, when I click on the window button on the top bar they immediately shoot up to the left on the big monitor but at least they stay visible. I can then move them around. If I re-enable gnome extensions they now behave normally. Other than the two programs playing Road Runner and Coyote, I have no clue, this is way out of my Linux paygrade.

1 Like

My monitor layout is below. The windows start on my primary monitor #4 and go screaming up and across #1.

Imagine my monitor layout screenshot is right here. Apparently I don't even know how to paste in a picture on this forum. Sigh.... So much to learn.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.