Third party xbox gamepad support

Hey there , I'm using Cosmic Byte gamepad.Usually in windows I used to install 2 softwares as drivers , one is from microsoft another one from Cosmic Byte. How should I install those drivers in Zorin OS 16 for lutris?

Did you try to plugin the controller ? Most controllers work out of the box.

Lutris wil just auto detect the controller when plugged.

1 Like

AGREED!

This is my new controller that I got last month...
binary-comment

LSUSB-POWERA-Controller

When it comes to Linux, drivers come in the Linux kernel, and as long as your running the recent kernal releases that come with Zorin OS, you really shouldn't have a problem with your controller, unless it was just released like this week.

But reality check, even if it was released just this week, most controllers get detected as Xbox controllers, even if they arn't Microsoft official licensed Xbox controllers. This is because most controllers follow the same communication standards as Xbox controllers, which is why they get picked up as such.

Please to to this site, its the best website to test your gamepad controllers, and works for every operating system...
https://gamepad-tester.com/

Make sure to turn on your controller by pressing any buttons, or holding down the center button, whatever is needed to wake the controller up. The site should then detect the controller. And if it does, test all functions.

If all functions test correctly, then you know you have a working gamepad!

StarTreker

yoda
Your Tech Support Guru

1 Like

Its a wired controller , so yes

i tried the site you mentioned here , the controller connected but the input doesn't records.
The same thing happened in steam too.

This means your controller is unsuitable for Linux. Go to Amazon and pick out a PowerA controller :video_game: in the style and color you want. Mine works perfectly on Linux. I got a picture of me playing Dirt Rally 2.0 with it on this site.

1 Like

Did you try reading this ?

xboxdrv
--evdev /dev/input/by-id/usb-BDA_XB1_Fusion_Pro_00001B9C7FFF036A-event-joystick
--silent
--detach-kernel-driver
--deadzone 500
--mimic-xpad
--evdev-absmap ABS_X=x1,ABS_Y=y1,ABS_RX=x2,ABS_RY=y2,ABS_Z=lt,ABS_RZ=rt,ABS_HAT0X=dpad_x,ABS_HAT0Y=dpad_y
--evdev-keymap BTN_A=a,BTN_B=b,BTN_X=x,BTN_Y=y,BTN_TL=lb,BTN_TR=rb,BTN_THUMBL=tl,BTN_THUMBR=tr,BTN_MODE=guide,BTN_SELECT=back,BTN_START=start
--axismap -Y1=Y1,-Y2=Y2 \

i guess my controller should support by linux by controller manufacturers , and mine is not exact xbox controller , its a clone one.

People with your controller got it to work by following the link i posted.

1 Like

1 Like

What game is that ?

Dirt Rally 2.0

Difficult game to play, its really made for Dirt Rally experienced racers. But its still fun, and graphics are amazingly good, and works great on Linux, via STEAM PROTON.

It should play on your computer too, but you won't be able to play in 4K like me I don't think, you will have to bring the resolution down to 1080P I bet, and mess with a few of the other graphics settings to get it just right.

1 Like

My machine can handle that game in 4K for sure :joy:.

Minimum:

• Vereist een 64-bitsprocessor en -besturingssysteem

• Besturingssysteem: 64bit versions of Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10

• Processor: AMD FX4300 or Intel Core i3 2130

• Geheugen: 8 GB RAM

• Grafische kaart: AMD HD7750 or NVIDIA GTX650Ti

• DirectX: Versie 11

• Netwerk: breedbandinternetverbinding

• Opslagruimte: 100 GB beschikbare ruimte

• Geluidskaart: DirectX® Compatible soundcard

Aanbevolen:

• Vereist een 64-bitsprocessor en -besturingssysteem

• Besturingssysteem: 64bit versions of Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X or Intel Core i5 8600K

• Geheugen: 8 GB RAM

• Grafische kaart: AMD RX Vega 56 or NVIDIA GTX 1070

• DirectX: Versie 11

• Netwerk: breedbandinternetverbinding

• Opslagruimte: 100 GB beschikbare ruimte

• Geluidskaart: DirectX® Compatible soundcard

Most of the controller work out of the box.

And some don't :wink:

I have an old Xbox One from 2013, those controllers do not have Bluetooth, so I bought this beauty instead last year for Xcloud and GFN:

Now, this one is for Xbox One S and Xbox One X, so has Bluetooth. It was not working, input was registered, but the keymap was completely off. After some googling or duckduckgoing I found this:

Went through the installation, just followed it word by word and now everything works. But! If even the input is not registered then I think there is not much to do. :frowning:

Yes, there is an Xbox driver you can install, but I think it comes pre-installed with POP OS, but maybe not Zorin OS. Good work on getting that done, and for posting it for other's to see! That is so Stellar! :star2:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Marked solution. 257

1 Like