This review from DistroWatch

Just now I came across this review on Distrowatch and I was surprised with what I read

And you’re automatically opted in to something called “senses” and cannot opt out. That’s spyware.
I don’t get the appeal of Zorin at all because of the above reasons, it’s better to use a non-spyware ubuntu based distro that doesn’t have spyware and causes the system to be unstable when removing something not wanted or needed.

Full Review

Just ubuntu with Windows and Mac OS themes, basically a gimmick for former Windows and Mac users. Has snap, which I don’t like and removing it causes a lot of problems and instability in the system, it sounds like Windows where if you remove some application that’s embedded into the system, it’ll cause problems, which does sound shady, why is snap being forced on us, and making the system unstable for removing it sounds like what Microsoft does. And you’re automatically opted in to something called “senses” and cannot opt out. That’s spyware.
I don’t get the appeal of Zorin at all because of the above reasons, it’s better to use a non-spyware ubuntu based distro that doesn’t have spyware and causes the system to be unstable when removing something not wanted or needed.

I couldn't confirm this because I don't have Zorin installed but can someone check what it is ?

Edit:
Attaching additional info of the review in case someone wants to read the original. (DW doesn't support links of comments)
Version: 16
Rating: 1
Date: 2022-03-08
Votes: 1

Not spyware. See this. About privacy - #2 by Aravisian

I will flag this to the devs, as they may want to take issue with that review. @AZorin @zorink

1 Like

I saw some options in Zorin Canonical can collect some information.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.