TIT the Interactive Terminal

Hello everybody!
Me and Aravisian have been working on a small project...

TIT

TIT is a terminal emulator written in JavaScript. It is designed to be able to run on any device with a webbrowser and can even work offline and as a PWA.

TIT is meant to be an easy and accessible terminal emulator for those wanting to learn the Linux Command line Interface.
You don’t need to have Linux installed! TIT runs on every OS!
Alternatively you can use it as a playground to mess around without the fear of damaging your computer!

Try it here!

Also check out the wiki which includes tutorials on how to get familiar with the terminal, contribution guides, name origin :thinking: , and more!

Visit the Wiki

Tit is a free and open-source project. At the moment of writing, it is not complete. There are few commands available, and the size of the wiki is small. Tit is meant to be a community driven project. We are hoping that community members could contribute to the project and make it more complete. There are many ways you can contribute to the project! Contributing to the project is very easy and streamlined and does not require coding knowledge. Check out the Contribution guide.

Many people fear the Linux terminal (Including me :eyes:). TIT is meant as an interactive and fun learning tool that helps people to quickly get the hang of the CLI.
That's why I'm reaching at to the wonderful people in this community to get more help on this project and push it to completion. TIT is a community driven project and we need your help!

8 Likes

That is a pretty cool project :+1: :+1: :+1: but with an uhhh unfortunate acronym. Maybe TLTE (the Linux terminal emulator) or jus LTE would've been better? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I note GIMP:
Gnu Image Manipulation Program
And BUTT:
Broadcast Using This Tool

:smiley:

But, I do see your point...
How about:
Terminal Interactive Tutorial?

1 Like

Terminal Interactive Tutorial is still

TIT

Personally, if I were a developer, I would not name my app with an acronym mostly associated with a certain part of a woman's anatomy. This is why I made the above suggestions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about moving it bit around. So it says; Interactive Terminal Tutorial (ITT).

Personally I don't mind it called TIT, but I'm also European :smiley:

1 Like

The power of suggestion is always welcome. We can discuss and will keep you abreast of future developments.

1 Like

I think you are milking it now...

2 Likes