Top X+1 things to do after installing Zorin OS 16

Line can installed with wine but maybe also some another idea on websides. I remember some software in linux can run app mobile.

I saw that Pop!_OS Shell is already mentioned in this thread. But while you are at it, I can highly recommend also installing Pop_OS! Launcher. It used to be part of Pop!_OS Shell but now you need to install it separately and it works great on Zorin

If you have ever run Pop!_OS you know how powerful the launcher is. It's like search on steroids. With the launcher, you can:

• Launch applications
  • Open specific menus in Settings
  • Perform searches on specific websites (ex. google system76)
  • Perform calculations using the prefix: = (ex. =5+7+6)
  • Search recent files using the prefix: d: (ex. d:FileName)
  • Open file folders using one of two prefixes: / or ~/ (ex. ~/FolderName)
  • Run a command using one of three prefixes: t: or : or run (ex. run top)
  • Show launcher features by typing a question mark

Follow the tutorial here to install the Launcher

6 Likes

I followed the steps mentioned in the link but i am unable to find the launcher after installation .
can you help me with that please

You should be able to open the app menu (z icon on the taskbar) and type the name of the application in the search bar. If it doesn't show you may want to remove it and try again. Sometimes new applications are not visible until after a restart.

yeah rebooting fixed the issue
Thanks!

There is an upgrade for pipewire, that automatically switches from and to hsp/hpf during calls from the A2DP profile and back after, for bluetooth devices. Use the following to add the repository from the terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pipewire-debian/wireplumber-upstream

Then you can install it with:

sudo apt install wireplumber

31...(I think?)
Install GNOME Sushi (for nautilus only)
It has the same function as the Mac OS like "Quick Look" feature which comes handy when you are looking for an image or pdf but the thumbnail is too small or the file manager could not create the thumbnail. It creates a preview for the file when you click on the file and press space bar. When you press the space bar again, it closes the preview.
It works with images, pdfs, most text document formats and videos too!!

The guide by Joey Sneddon of OMG! Ubuntu:

1 Like

If you install Nemo (which i believe i recommended earlier) , you get a preview window in the file explorer on the right (similar to windows xp or windows 7 file explorer) when clicked. If you insist on sticking with nautilus, then emperor's suggestion is very useful. Personally, i don't care for using something that needs extensions for functionality (running KDE desktop with Nemo).

1 Like
  1. Install Zsh and
    Customize your shell with oh-my-zsh (change shell theme etc)
    and install plugins like autosuggestions zsh-syntax-highlighting

2 Likes
  1. Install SysMonTask

Linux system monitor with the compactness and usefulness of Windows Task Manager:

6 Likes

A better alternative for sysmontask :wink:

1 Like

It's awesome :smiley:

1 Like

34. Enable zRAM

zRAM dedicates a portion of your RAM to act as a swap space, but compressed to save RAM.
This is faster than traditional swap on HDD and SSD as it uses the speed of the RAM.

To enable zRAM, just type this on the terminal:

sudo apt install zram-config

And reboot your system, zRAM is now configured.

20.5 Get Btop++

btop-logo

Resource monitor that shows usage and stats for processor, memory, disks, network and processes.

C++ version and continuation of bashtop and bpytop.

Installation:

sudo snap install btop

35. Install Termius

SSH, SFTP, MOSH, telnet and serial in one beautiful app

Termius is more than a mere SSH client – it’s a complete command-line solution that’s redefining remote access for sysadmins and network engineers. Securely access Linux or IoT devices and quickly fix issues from the comfort of your couch via laptop or phone.

Termius Free Features:

• Termius is available for all major mobile and desktop systems.
  • Enjoy a beautiful, hand-crafted interface.
  • Supports ECDSA and ed25519 keys as well as chacha20-poly1305 cipher.
  • Termius is always ad-free. You are not the product.
  • Pair credentials and servers for quick access.
  • Create groups to define shared settings and themes.
  • Tag your servers to stay organized.
  • Make it yours with 12 colorful themes and adjustable fonts.
  • Power through late night sessions with dark mode.
  • Make multiple connections to the same host or connect to multiple hosts.
  • Port forwarding lets you encrypt nearly any service or connection.
  • Import your desktop’s ~/.ssh/config file via the command line.

Install from: Install termius on Linux | Snap Store

3 Likes

HomeBank | Free personal finance software, money management for everyone

Features

Import & Export data

• Import from many formats: Easily import your accounts from Quicken or Microsoft Money, and many other financial management programs. Supported file formats includes QIF, OFX, QFX, and CSV.
  • Duplicate detection: HomeBank will detect and identify the duplicate transactions and will enables you to choose what to do.
  • Export: Easily export your accounts to QIF format, and various datas parts to CSV format.

Accounts

• Account types : Bank, Cash, Asset, Credit card, Liability, your accounts can be assigned to a type and will be grouped into the account summary.
  • Cheque increment : Set cheque numbers for 2 pad of cheque and HomeBank will automatically manage the increment during the transaction add.
  • Account details : Set an initial and minimum balance, store your account number and bank name for reference.

Transactions

• Scheduled transactions: Easily turn any transaction into a repeating event (like those darn utility bills!).
  • Category split: Split the amount of a transaction into several categories.
  • Internal transfer: Easily transfer money between accounts which can be automated.
  • Quick seizure: Quickly transform any transaction to a template that simplify the seizure of common transactions, or inherit from an existaing transaction.
  • Multiple field edition: You can easily change every values for several transaction at once.
  • Small icons: Enjoy the icons for payment mode and transaction status, plus the additional paymode field.
  • Tag field: Tag your transactions for another analysis axis.
  • Remind this: Put any transaction in a remind state to keep an eye on debt you have or people have to you.

Analysis tools

• Dynamic reports: Various reports will deliver the information you need at your fingertips using dynamic powerfull reports with nice 2d charts.
  • Quick & easy: Easily adjust the report parameters with some presets, or get more fine results with filtering by every transaction fields.
  • Various reports: Repartition or time reports, you will find one to analyse what your are lookig for. Also track the budget, or check the balance for any overdrawn, even knows your vehicle costs and fuel consumption.
  • Beautiful charts: The charts available are bars, lines and pie. The design was inspired from google analytics and you can change the x-factor dynamically and also the color scheme.

Budget

• Month / Annual budget: Set a budget to each categories with same amount or different amount per month.
  • View non-budget: Force the view of some categories into the budget report as well.
  • Import/Export: Import/export the budget into CSV files.

Categories & Payees

• Automatic assignment: Define some rules and HomeBank will assign payees and/or categories for you.
  • Direct add: Add new categories and payees directly from the transaction register.
  • Auto-completion: Never get lost if you have thousand of payees or categories, HomeBank will find it with the first letters.

Other features

• Euro minor: You can setup a minor currency and switch the display into it at a glance.
  • Portability: The account data file is a simple XML format file. Store all of your account data in a single data file for easy backup or transfer.
  • Nice interface: Track your finances in style!
  • Multiple windows: HomeBank has the ability to compare multiple different sets of data together because of its multiple window design. So you can easily compare accounts, reports the way you want.

Install

sudo apt install homebank

How to uninstall ?

sudo apt remove --purge nohang

2 Likes

My wife's got that installed on her Android phone. Android is Linux, at its base. So it should be able to get it working under full-blown Linux.

i love that app ever since i installed it i had zero freezes, but sometimes it freezes my firefox extension section like the whole bar goes grey and the extensions stop working , i find that annoying. is there is a way to to configure it so that it doesn't stop the extension service or at least give it more priority