Touchpad and keyboard not working on Macbook Pro Zorin os16.3

I installed Zorin os 16.3 on Macbook pro laptop and the touchpad and keyboard do not work.

I was able to connect a mini keyboard and mouse that connects through usb, but I would like to use my macbook pro laptop's keyboard instead of the little mini keyboard

after connecting the mini dual keyboard/mouse I was able to connect my logitech bluetooth mouse which was great.

so I just need help connecting my macbook pro's keyboard please. it would help to get my touchpad to work as well but like i said i did connect my wireless mouse with the mini mouse through usb 2.4ghz. any help is appreciated

thanks all

Can you give us more detail about what model of Macbook Pro you are using? Year of manufacture (approx), and what version of OSX is on it/was on it?

yes absolutely,

I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, August 2019)

2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

OS- Sonoma 14.1.1 (23B81)

let me know if you need anything else
thank you so much for your help!

See the 'Edit' section of the answers, almost bottom - might just need the drivers installed. Much like the webcams, have to manually install the drivers. You should already have dkms though - it's in the commands of installed packages that person used.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.