Touchpad Gesture to SHOW ALL WINDOWS

Greetings,

I’ve been dabbling with Linux on and off for years. I’m finally interested (compelled?) to go full time on one mini PC I have. I gave Ubuntu Mate a shot and it’s almost all I need.

But I’m trying Zorin because it appears to have two features I want. They’re sort of one feature combined.

In the lower left hand corner of the panel there’s a button which reveals all open windows. What I want is a way to trigger that button with a touchpad gesture. Is this possible & easy?

If not – at least – what is the keystroke combination?

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

JH

I use Cinnamon Desktop on Zorin and this feature comes with the desktop working out of the box.

With Zorin Core which uses Gnome, you would need to install it, I think.
You can do so with:

sudo apt-get install libinput-tools

sudo apt-get install xdotool

sudo apt install ruby

sudo gem install fusuma

1 Like

Yeah. This is the wall I keep hitting. I’ll consider.

But hey – is there a key command in Zorin right now to show all those open windows?

May or may not be what you want: Settings -> Appearance -> Zorin Appearance -> Panel -> Turn on Show Activities button.
A little square appears on the taskbar, when you click on it, it shows all windows.

1 Like

I’m aware of that. I seek an easy way to trigger it. Three fingers up on a touchpad, for instance.

You can use Super+S for the keyboard shortcut (you can change the shortcut at Settings -> Devices -> Keyboard).

Update: Just saw this too Feature suggestion ( touchpad gestures ) in case it is relevant/of interest.

Hi, I thought I had submitted a post about Gnome-shell extensions that have Gestures on there - one rquires you to login on Zorin on Wayland to work - worth taking a look:

Getting old! Was thinking of this reply:

If I tried using gestures on my computer, it would shut down and refuse to ever boot up, again.

2 Likes

But that would have to be if that other OS was on it, no? :rofl:

2 Likes

Just to add, my first introduction to Linux was Knoppix - When I ran it live it listed that Other OS as “Other OS” - probably the best description - perhaps Linux Grub should start referring to dual-boot systems as ‘OtherOS’ with only Linux distributions being acknowledged by their correct name! :wink:

Oh and perhaps we need to change the title of this thread to:
Touchpad Gesture to SHOW ALL APERTURES! :rofl:

Someone mentioned Aravisian liking GnomeOS. I'm having trouble recalling who it was.

I discovered… quite by accident… that the ‘Windows’ button on my Logitech Wireless keyboard shows all windows. Problem accidentally solved!

Thanks one and all. I appreciate your time.

1 Like