Touchpad issues continue. .

A while ago, I had posted that my touchpad wasn't working properly. Basically, when my laptop (Lenovo Flex-5) completely dies, then I recharge it and power on, the touchpad will work. However, if I just shut it down or reboot it without the battery dying, the touchpad will no longer work until the next time the battery is fully discharged.

Heres the old post - Touchpad Not Working in Zorin OS 16 on Lenovo Laptop - #9 by Mjesecina. I tried all of the suggestions in there, but nothing worked.

In researching this, I found out that the symlink /sys/bus/i2c/drivers/i2c_hid_acpi/i2c-MSFT0001:00 existed after a discharged battery, but then would disappear on next reboot. I found where it linked to- /sys/devices/platform/AMDI0010:03/i2c-1/i2c-MSFT0001:00. I thought that I could just run a cronjob to recreate this symlink on reboot, but learned the hard way that I can't create symlinks manually in the /sys folder.

This seems like a solid lead as to what my issue is, but I don't know how to proceed from here. Does anyone have any ideas?

The simple answer is you can't:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.