Tp-link wn781nd wifi adapter not working

I have tp-link wn781nd wifi adapter after installing zorin is its not working it connects to network and after 1 min says activation of network connection failed sometimes it didn't even work and show available network anyone knows how to fix this issue ?

Hi and welcome!

There are a few other threads mentioning similar issues with TP-Link, I would suggest going through them and see if those help.

It seems that additional drivers may need to be installed for your particular model but read those threads before doing anything just in case there are some gotchas.

Please can you tell me the steps to install the drivers as I am newbie to Linux and there's no guide for this so plz

What I am outlining below is the complicated way.
The reason why is because when the kernel upgrades, you would need to reinstall the wifi drivers. And needing wifi access, you really likely won't want to do that each time.
DKMS (Dynamic Kernel Module Support) allows that the drivers are tied into the newer kernel each time the kernel upgrades.
You can Copy and Paste each line, one at a time, into terminal. Watch the output. If you get an error, stop and please ask to verify things here in thread:

sudo apt install dkms build-essential git

git clone https://github.com/cilynx/rtl88x2bu.git

cd rtl88x2bu

VER=$(sed -n 's/\PACKAGE_VERSION="\(.*\)"/\1/p' dkms.conf)

sudo rsync -rvhP ./ /usr/src/rtl88x2bu-${VER}

sudo dkms add -m rtl88x2bu -v ${VER}

sudo dkms build -m rtl88x2bu -v ${VER}

sudo dkms install -m rtl88x2bu -v ${VER}

sudo modprobe 88x2bu

Everything gone well without any error
But still after a min I am getting this error activation of network connection failed

Have you rebooted?
Can we check your blacklist?

cat /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

yes i have rebooted my pc after completing the command you gave

it says this when i checked blacklist

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.