Transferring music files through USB to other devices

Need some help here please, I am totally new to Linux. Been using Windows since the 80's.

Plugging in my daughters watch to transfer some music files through USB but the "drive" (watch) does not automatically show up. What am I doing wrong?

Bob.

2 Likes

Gday @bobppss , try installing the app musicbrainz picard from the software app,
Also with the watch plugged in , you could try, opening the terminal & using "sudo apt update" , may help with installing drivers, also on the watch you could try in "network" & select file transfer. not sure with the watch but on the phone it also has an option to install drives automatic.
Hope this helps.
Regards Al

1 Like

If you are using Core which uses the Gnome DE then you may have to follow this guide:

2 Likes

@bobppss another way maybe to try is via wifi & Zorin connect?? It seems if you use wifi, you need to have the iwatch on the charger at the same time. when connection is obtained, create i folder to load iwatch music into, on desktop or in home directory of your choice, open the music file's on the watch & copy/paste or drag & drop files into musicbrainz picard. & select "save" & have the directory of musicbrainz picard to save to your folder you created.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the same problem when using Windows and plugging a phone, I just had to switch from MTP to Mass storage setting, maybe the watch is configured to just charge when plugged, or any other action rather than what you wanted it to do. Then I don't know about watches interacting with pc, I never had one so I don't know if you can change these settings as on a phone or it's automatic :person_shrugging:.

This has been answered on your other query under 'Chat about Zorin'.

1 Like

With further research & asking a local friend that has an iwatch, The port on the watch is for diagnostics. The friend says he can transfer music to his watch via wifi ( watch must be on charge) from his phone, If you dont have wifi on the pc, then i would reverse the procedure from iwatch to phone, then connect phone via usb to pc. hope that works @bobppss

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.