Triple monitor setup (2 screens + tv), combination of extend and mirror?

Hi there.

I've been trying out Zorin for a bit and dual monitor extended works flawlessly.
When I turn on the tv, it only gives me the option to have all 3 of them extend the same desktop, as opposed to my usual setup for main monitor + tv mirrored and 1 screen extended.

Is there any way to achieve this setup in Zorin?
All the screens are connected to my GPU through DP, HDMI and DVI.

I use a little script that I put on the desktop and run when needed.
Check with the 'xrandr'-command which Output you want to duplicate to which output. And then run this in a script-file if you want to use it regulary:

#!/bin/sh
xrandr --output DisplayPort-0 --output DisplayPort-1 --output DisplayPort-2 --output HDMI-A-0 --same-as DisplayPort-0

Little explanation, I have 3 screens I usually use: DP0, DP1 and DP2. HDMI-A-0 is my 4th screen I sometimes use and on which I want my main screen mirrored. So after the screen that you want to have mirrored, you just add the

--same-as-YourOutput

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. I'll give this a try when I get the chance.

It works pretty decent like that but I also prefer turning my main display off (because it looks annoying and wastes energy) when watching on the tv.
It works til I turn the main display back on and then it resets the tv monitor to "extend" instead of duplicate.

Doing it with Arandr allows me to keep Arandr open to just hit apply whenever I need it again but it's still a bit hackneyed.

Hoping for a full stable "double extend + mirror" option in Zorin somewhere down the line I guess.