Triple monitor support in Zorin OS 16 PRO

Hello,
I am new here in this forum.

I am planning to switch to Zorin OS 16 PRO and use it as my mainstream computer for my private work (currently a mac user). However, I would like to know if the below setup will work.

Main system - Dell Vostro 5402 (14 ", Intel Core i7-1165G7, 16 GB, 512 GB)
Triple monitor (2 x 24" BenQ FHD over Display Port + 1 x 27" AOC QHD Monitor Over HDMI)
I will be using Dell WD19S docking station which will be connected to the laptop over USB C port

Any idea / suggestion if this setup is going to work, then that will be very helpful.

Regards,
Souvik

I could not give you specifics for your setup since i do not have anything close to your setup. I can tell you that there are a few users on the forum that have triple monitor setups. One was working out the autorotation of one he kept portrait. Otherwise I've not heard of to many issues regarding multiple monitor setups.

The best way to find out is to download Zorin 16 Core and give it a try on the live image. Core is the same as pro, without the bundled software, premium layouts and installation support from the developers themselves. If you try the live image and everything works, you should have no problem in pro.

I wanted to share a picture to show you that Zorin OS 16 has multi-monitor support baked in.

Zorin OS 16 Multi Monitor Support

Keep in mind, I am running Zorin OS 16 on an old dual core notebook that only supports VGA output. And if you put the displays into MIRROR mode, the best the machine can do is match the output the same resolution as the notebook screen itself.

Since you are using a modern computer that supports HDMI and Display port through USB-C, you shouldn't experience that issue, as new machines like yours come with great resolution support.

1 Like

Hello @337harvey and @StarTreker,
Thanks for your reply. I will try the solution provided by you and give a feedback here. I have to wait for few days before trying out the triple monitor setup as I am still waiting for the docking station to arrive.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.