Troubleshoot WiFi

I bet you tell us if that happens :wink:

1 Like

Looks like it's working. No WiFi disconnect until now. I'll let you know if it happens again.

3 Likes

I don't think it will disconnect. Ubuntu 20.04 removed that part for your wifi card, we readded it.

If this fixed the issue, please mark the post that solved it.

1 Like

Oh. All right. I will mark the fix as the solution now. Thank you for your assistance.

2 Likes

By the way, for now, I see that it's not disconnecting but I see lesser speeds on speed tests. I get around 10-15Mbps even if my ISP offers 100Mbps. Before changing the antenna config I used to get around 52Mbps (both up and down).

1 Like

You can try to switch the antenna mode from 1 to 2. Easiest way is to open terminal and write

gedit /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723be.conf

Edit the line ant_sel=1 to ant_sel=2 save and reboot.

1 Like

I think I tried this already, might have caused the disconnection problem.

1 Like

No that fixed your issue haha. We have set it to 1

1 Like

Of course. Thanks for this, but I meant antenna 2. I've created a related post earlier. This one, regarding slow WiFi speed: WLAN Speed on Zorin - #7 by capriciousduck

1 Like

The only thing you can try is ant_sel=0 which is default.

1 Like

I think I'll stick with antenna 1 - a slow internet is okay to me than often disconnects.

2 Likes

@Michel Will the setting be erased on kernel updates?

1 Like

I don't know, you also might try this

1 Like

Okay. I'll have a look at it.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. Does your problem solve?

Yes, only his speeds are way lower.

1 Like

Hmm...
You can restart your laptop and network providing device, maybe that can increase speed.
If still not working then you can follow the below video of speeding up the network speed.

(Not sure that above video will work)

In the video it says 'eth0'. Should I instead replace it with my wlan0?

1 Like

Yes
does restart does not solve your problem?
Sorry, except this I don't know any other way to speed up your network.
You can ask other members or wait for someone expert in networks to see this topic.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.