Truth regarding office suites

Well i missunderstanding the topic subject.

Some I have never heard of on this article. The one comment at the end about SoftMaker Office being compatible is not entirely accurate, but only in respect of viewing a Presentation created in PowerPoint and viewed in SoftMaker. But it definitely works the otherway around. Just before lockdown, part of my annual review was to create a PowerPoint presentation on how to use Styles in MS Word for different student needs (Fonts and Font sizes, Paragraph settings, etc). I never got to present it due to lock down sadly, but LibreOffice Impress showed most of the images created in PowerPoint but none showed at all in SoftMaker Office. That said I wouldn't hesitate in recommending SoftMaker Office (Paid or free version) as the best MS Office alternative as workflow layout is so much better. You may also want to consider exporting documents/presentations to pdf - and then use Okular as the Presentation medium - I managed to save a Microsoft PowerPoint to pdf using SoftMaker Presentations 2021 and all the links to media for a Music lesson played in Okular - Okular is totally way out there - its not just the best pdf viewer - there's a whole lot more to it!

I understand what you're saying. I've used Microsoft Excel at work for 20 years. I use LibreOffice Calc for home use, and it is perfectly adequate for the few times I need it. But I could never use it at work; I have 20 years of macro development that I would need to import, and I don't think LibreOffice does that. (Or does it? I haven't looked in quite a while.)

This might elucidate what 7.3 can do:

Extract:

" Performance

• For Calc, following operations gets performance boost compared to earlier LibreOffice Calc 7.2.
    • Opening up XLSM (macro file) with size larger than 10mb.
    • Chart Insert with data having 800,000 cells
    • Faster opening up XLSX (Excel files) with external URL in the workbook
    • Performance improvement of VLOOKUP with CONCATENATE formula with copy/paste ranges.
    • Performance improvement in autofilter dropdown selection and Calc threads"
2 Likes

wps office is the most similar one to ms-office, but it will take some time to improve it, like language support ,and solve some problem, I think it will be the best in the future, but now I think libreoffice and freeoffice is good.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.