Unable to capy paste to my mobile to computer "read only" problem pls help

i was able to send my video to computer with the help of usb data cable but now it's not working i cannot even copy or move my video to another folder in my computer it says read only i try to change read and write permission settings from properties but still not working

You need to change it for your phone.

:sob: please try to understand

Can you explain breifly from where are you trying to copy the files? Like From PC to Phone or something else.

You have not explained your topic well. So, I guess you are using a usb data transfer cable to copy your files from your phone to your PC.

I'm trying to move videos to another folder but I'm not able to move because of read only setting i don't know how to fix that you can see these pictures and try to understand my problem

as you can see i can't even create new folder in my computer

Can yo go to settings , user and groups , advanced settings, user privileges and see if you are allowed to move files?

Also, go to your file manager < file system < home, then Right Click on your username, then select properties, then go to permission and change permission to read and write.

i try to change permission but I'm not able to change settings

Okay,
The filesystem will usually go into read-only while the system is running if there is a filesystem consistency issue. This is specified in fstab as errors=remount-ro and will occur when a FS access fails or an emergency read-only remount is requested via Alt+SysRq+U. You can run:

sudo fsck -Af -M

to force a check of all filesystems. As one of the other answers states, looking at dmesg is also very helpful.

Edit: Don't forget the -M on the command-line.

If fsck gets stuck after its version banner:

$ sudo fsck -Af -M
fsck from util-linux 2.20.1

you may want to try using the EXT4-specific fsck

$ sudo fsck.ext4 -f /dev/sda1

Provided the partition in question /dev/sda1 was an ext4 filesystem.

Also, Try
mount -o remount /

When you have this error, it means that your system has by default, a line in /etc/fstab which indicates that if there is an error in the file system, that it should go into read-only mode, to prevent further corruption or dataloss.

You could use lsblk to determine the partition name.

Use the command

sudo fsck -f /dev/sdxx

Also, Take a Look at this if problem persists.

You Previously Created a post for booting Error, It might be Because of file corruption. You might want to reinstall the System if there is no important data present.

Use This Guide,

I'm using core 2 duo with 2gb ram current I'm using zorin os core 64bit
should i install zorin os lite version or not?

Please Go for Lite (Xfce) version, This might be the Mistake of the Developers, Mentioning the Lite version for Old Computers.

i recently switched windows 7 to zorin os
the reason was a ransomeware virus i don't really use pc I'm using because i just want to Store my video and movies like a storage that's it

Lite Version will be great then, Please Go through the Guide for important notes before performing installation.

please send me installation guide and i don't know how to create partition for zorin

Do not Create any Partitions, They are created when you want to boot two Operating Systems.
You can also use the wipe through windows method by creating a windows boot drive, unless you can wipe partitions from the instalation menu itself.

Thank you so much sir you help me alot​:+1::pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.