Unable to Print To an HP Laserjet

I think the second post - but quoted it as it is a python import error.

I think I am going to throw the towel in on all the open issues for the HLPLIP install, setup and customisation. Could I just use cups to print on this HP printer. I dont need any other functionality support. I can always use the Windows VM for scanning as an example.

I had no idea you had not tried CUPS already... I suppose I assumed.

I dont know how to use CUPS but I will find out!

In most cases HP printers which are supported (and yours is) start working as soon as you connect it in the network...It sets-up the printer the first time and within a few minutes it is good to go.

1 Like

Thanks. You are right. It seems my printer is supported without HPLIP. I just need to get used to how native Linux handles printing.

1 Like

Just visited the official HPLIP website and found this:

HPLIP 3.21.10 - This release has the following changes:

Added support for following new Distro's:

Ubuntu 21.10
Debian 11
Zorin 15
Zorin 16

Current release is version 3.22.2

Whilst your printer element might be working, what is the situation with the Scanner element? Does Document Scanner work? If not you may need to install the HPLIP current package to get it to work.

In respect of any printer, open a terminal and enter:

sudo system-config-printer

Then when the interface opens, add printer and when it starts for options, choose Network Printer and then use the Appsocket/HPJetDirect option - for the Host - enter the IP address of your router. Next search for manufacturer, then choose the model - if it is not present, check the cartridges for the printer as to what model/s they work with and enter the nearest named model listed that the cartridges work for.

I decided to not use HLPLIP and just use the native support. I am using a Windows VM running the whole HP Software package for when I need to scan etc.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.