Uninstall third party softwares

hey i want to uninstall thirdparty softwares in zorin os16 how i do this?

1 Like

You mean the pre-installed apps ?

What you can do is remove them 1 by 1 using the store (safest way). If i am not wrong you could right click on it and there was a line "show in store" if you click on that one you could delete it.

Or use the terminal and use --purge remove command. You can remove mulitple apps, just change the appname with the app you want to delete

sudo apt-get --purge remove appname1 appname2 appname3

Or use synaptic (advanced users)

2 Likes

no my means those app which i download from browser and install it manually ..but not from software application....

those thirdparty apps also unable to found in stores...like i want to do uninstall this app how to do this?

Then i would suggest to use synaptic, that one shows everything that is installed. Use it with caution.

1 Like

i found a way this is windows application i browser c:drive by using wine and uninstall this programm like windows

thanks i got it...

1 Like

Glad you found your own solution, i did not know this was a windows app installed with wine.

Is ok ,you help me a lot actually i am a window user i am using zorin since 3 months ...and a lot of things in learning phase how to install/uninstall programs etc in windows its too easy but in zorin you need to have a technical knowldge.. sometimes i totally stuck i think sometimes i switch back to windows ....

1 Like

Hello johnalam,
I wonder how you managed to install this app. Searching the net, I discovered that it's android app for ITV, but I might be wrong, and Wine or the Windows install application is not capable for installing android apps (apks). Besides these won't run on Linux.

3 Likes

You're right, it is an IPTV application designed for Android devices, but it does have a Windows version as well - however, it's been installed successfully but not run :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.