UNRESOLVED - Keyboard not working in live session in Lite

Will trying another Linux distro fix the problem by any chance?

It very well might. I do not know for sure since we are not sure what the issue is.
I have read quite a few things, but they all come back to what we have tried:
Installing xserver-xorg-input-all

1 Like

Aravisian went on a journey. His journey took him all over the globe, from east to west, north to south. He was hoping to find the lost solution, but like many things, a relic of the past, present, and future, it was lost, like the ARK.

He fought many orks along the way, fought off the annoying trolls, and met many druids on his journey. And he even seeked wisdom from the gigabyte wizards. But alas, not even they could unearth the mysteries that he seeked.

Aravisian returned with many battle scars. It truly is amazing, how far he went looking for the answer, a solution to your issue. But instead, he shall provide a tissue for your issue. We commend Aravisian for putting in much effort, by providing him many likes.

2 Likes

...And upon reaching Mordor, realized he should have began his journey by learning how to read.

3 Likes

Maybe installing the OS as dual boot (with Onboard) and then trying to fix the issue with the xserver thing will work? I think that’s worth a try (Dual boot because it’s not my PC and I better keep Windows in case it doesn’t work)

I never had this missing keyboard issue with Linux, but when I was a Hackintosh user, it was not unusual to lose built-in keyboard during the installation. My solution is to connect USB keyboard and fix the issue when installation finishes.

Along with USB WiFi and USB soundcard, USB keyboard is a useful tool to have when one decided to take non-Windows way of life (TM)

1 Like

If you believe it is worth a try, then it is.
If it was me, I would try it.

2 Likes

Do, or do not, there is no try.
yoda

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Edited title.