Updates almost every day since February?

Anyone know or also experience the same situation as me that the software updater almost notify that there are new updates, ie security updates, zorin os base amongst other updates, for nearly everyday now for the last couple weeks?

Is this small updates sign that new version of Zorin is coming or is there problem with my system that the updates failed to take effect after restart thus it keeps asking to update at the start of each day?

Zorin OS 16.1 just arrived so it is possible that the updates are for this.
However, if you want to know whether the updates fail to install, you can try updating via the terminal and check for errors:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
1 Like

that is actually quite normal in the Linux space

because well, instead of downloading only system updates, the updater actually also handles most programs you install, system updates, and their dependencies

so some of those might not even be ZorinOS related, but just programs which need updating :wink:

6 Likes

I also found out that by deleting a bunch of programs installed by default that I don't use will cut down on the amount and the length of time it takes to get new downloads ..... I also switched the daily to weekly time schedule for downloads .... critical and security updates remain as default ....

1 Like

Ah thank you for the information. I didn't know about 16.1.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.