USB 3.0 ExpressCard Drivers for Linux

Hi Everyone,

I have a question and not sure if anyone has the directions or can advise me of how to get this recognized so I may use the additional ports. StarTech ECUSB3S54F 2 Port Flush Mount 54mm SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ExpressCard.

Looking for drivers...works on M$ but not finding it on Zorin. Any thoughts ? Did do a search on the forum and I guess no one uses these. :grin:

That almost looks like a PCMCIA card. I don't even know if Linux supports such old hardware. We'd have to run a search and find out I guess.

So far, no list of Linux support in technical specifications...

I am also unable to pull up any information on a Linux driver for this device. I think you might be out of luck on this one.

2 Likes

ECUSB3S254F
There are no linux drivers for that in the product's website unfortunately.

1 Like

@StarTreker and @Elegant_Emperor yeah I figured as much I went to the site already of the manufacturer and while they had updated drivers still nothing for Linux. :disappointed:

But it was worth a shot and heck I already have 4 ports...guess I was getting greedy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

TYSM for jumping to a reply on to watch episode of Torchwood

You know what I find annoying about modern notebooks? They come with so few ports unless you buy high end models like mine, and even mine don't come with enough for a full multi-media enthusiest!

So thats why I have an Anker USB 3.0 7-port hub plugged inot mine. That gives me plenty of ports, along with the available built in ones. So I recommend getting yourself a nice USB hub.

2 Likes

Quick update and a Big "DUH" as I just went back to M$ Winless 10 and inserted card reconnected and my wonderful Zorin accesses the card. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well, I will be the first to admit, I don't understand how that crazy voodoo is supposed to work. But I am glad it worked for you, even though I don't understand how or why.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.