USBc PD charging not working in Zorin

Hello,

I am using a ASUS B1100CK Notebook with Zorin 16 core. This laptop came with a 45 watt USBc power supply. It used to charge the laptop while I was using it when running windows 10. Now that I have removed windows 10 and am running Zorin 16 core it does not charge while in use. But when the laptop is shut down it starts charging. My guess is this has something to do with Zorin seeing the USBc port as data only and will not accept charging. That is just a guess. Any thoughts on what this could be or how to fix it?

Are you using Thunderbolt?

No, I am not using thunderbolt.

Also, Try reinstalling the Gnome Indicator Plugin.

and Try This, If the above does Not work.
cmd Can be accessed using the advanced options of a win 10 boot drive.

At the command prompt, type powercfg /restoredefaultschemes and press Enter
Reboot back into Zorin - did the behavior change?

Also some BIOS have a setting called Flexi-Charger make sure it is Enabled

3 Likes

Thanks. I read one of those articles and tried this. If the laptop is on and you plug it in it does not charge. If you turn it off and plug it in it charges. If you then turn on the laptop while it is plugged in, it charges. Now I can start the laptop without it being plugged in, then plug it in, and it charges. Not sure what this changed automatically by this process, I did not update or change any settings myself, but it is working now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.