Userspace taking lot of boot time

Yes, just boot it, and select "Try Zorin", then run the disk check.

I want to disable bluetooth
Since my pc doesnt have any bluetooth device

This should do it:
sudo systemctl stop blueman-mechanism.service
sudo systemctl disable blueman-mechanism.service
sudo systemctl mask blueman-mechanism.service

If your system doesn't have Bluetooth, that may be why that service was hanging so badly.

Can i remove the service as whole?

It's easiest just to stop the service, then disable it, then mask it. It might be a built-in part of the OS, fully removing it would entail dependencies that would remove other parts of the OS, which would break the install. Once it's masked, it won't start up, no matter what.

After doing that and rebooting, strangely, it said database was corrupted and gave some exceptions
So i went to recovery mode where it said to manually run fsck command and after that it automatically fixed the sda3 disk.
Now boot time

And criticals chain

Now is there any need to check drive issues by using usb boot?

If fsck used its non-destructive read-write test, it used badblocks in exactly the manner described in the instructional post, so no, no need to check the drive for issues. If not, though, I'd still boot the Zorin OS Boot USB and do the full disk check.

Still 11 seconds to enumerate /dev/sda3... have you gone into Disks (gnome-disks) and enabled all the hard drive features (if any)? That's still painfully slow, it should be on the order of a magnitude less.

Start Disks, select the /dev/sda3 drive, click the '3 vertical dots' button at top-right, select "Drive Settings", enable APM / AAM, Write Cache, etc... whatever is available for your drive.

Also, check that the drive is aligned along 4k sector boundaries... being misaligned could be why the drive is so slow.

• sudo parted
  • select the drive in question
  • hit 'p' to show the partition table
  • Verify that the numbers in the Start and Size column are divisible by the block size.

I was doing badblocks of whole sda disk.
But unfortunately due to power issues the pc shut down so the badblocks stopped . And now if i open the Zorin OS, i see unable to read/write to external "hd0". If i try to reinstall Zorin OS using the USB then it says something like sda disk i/o error in the console and the gui for installing/trying out doesnt appear

Any way to fix this since neither the pc boots up nor the usb works

I think i need to erase the whole hard disk but it doesnt even boot up to try it, so how can i erase it without any recovery option??

That's bad. Likely, since you were using both /dev/sda and the USB stick at the same time, the power glitch messed with both of them. I highly recommend a UPS if power glitches are something that happens more than once a year or so. I gutted my UPS and rewired it to a large battery bank, giving me 2 days of backup power.

Get on another computer, wipe the USB stick (remove the partitions in the Disks application), download the latest Zorin OS .ISO file and 'burn' it to the USB stick with the Disks application using "Restore Disk Image". Be sure you've selected the USB stick to 'burn' to.

Then go back to your computer, boot the USB and reinstall Zorin OS.

I tried burning a fresh new zorin os into the usb stick and booting from it but still nothing.
Now i am trying to use a different os in the usb stick to see if it hopefully works and then i will switch to zorin

Did you remove the existing partitions on the USB stick before 'burning' the Zorin OS .ISO file to the USB stick? If not, it may be trying to 'burn' to a partition on the USB stick that's too small to hold everything.

well i dont use partitions in my USB stick

When the Zorin OS Boot USB .ISO file is 'burned' to the USB stick, it sets up the partitions... if you don't remove the existing partitions, it might try to 'burn' to one of those existing partitions. So just go into the Disks application, select the USB stick, unmount it, then remove all the existing partitions before attempting to 'burn' the Zorin OS .ISO file to the USB stick.

Oh trying it, i am using cmd of windows to clean the whole disk using diskpart
I am referring to this

You don't need to create any new partitions when you're done removing the existing partitions on the USB stick... when you 'burn' the Zorin OS .ISO file, it'll create the partitions it needs.

Ok i will exclude that but should i do the format to fat32?

No, you can leave it unformatted. The 'burn' sets all that up as it's done. It literally lays the bits down on the disk that are needed to make the hardware think it's formatted and partitioned properly (which is all that formatting and partitioning does anyway).