Veiwing sky go

looking for a little help please.. i have 16 pro just purchased it and its great.
cannot get sky go to work any pointers ?

Try How to Use Sky Go (and other Silverlight 5+) Video on Ubuntu (and other) Linux - Silicon Dales

thank you carmar
does anyone know if this fix is still working ?
i have tried it several times and cannot seem to get it right

as a side note i get this
ading package lists... Done
E: The repository 'Index of /ehoover/compholio/ubuntu focal Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
E: The repository 'Index of /mqchael/pipelight/ubuntu focal Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

i am new to this and not sure what this means?

If you're looking into those links, you'll see that it haven't been updated since 2014-2016 so it would properly not work on a modern system. That's why it says there's no release files.

Wasn't Silverlight abandoned by Microsoft a long time ago?

According to Microsoft here :

Microsoft Silverlight will reach the end of support on October 12, 2021. Silverlight development framework is currently only supported on Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer 11, with support for Internet Explorer 10 ending on January 31, 2020. There is no longer support for Chrome, Firefox, or any browser using the Mac operating system.

Marked Solution. 321

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.