Very slow boot, sometimes

Hi.
I'm experiencing very slow boot, one time every 6 or 7 times I start the computer. Most of times it takes 20 seconds but one time (every 6 or 7) the boot time is about 2 minutes. I have a SSD. Is the system updating at the background? Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.

See if some of these help you out:
https://forum.zorin.com/search?q=Slow%20boot%20in%3Atitle

Why is it that non-native English speakers have impeccable English and then apologize for it? :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you. I have read a lot of posts before comenting here. But What I can't understand is why this happens so randomly.

I think that your suspicion is correct - something is either needing extra time to initialize or... there is an error. You can check your boot error logs in /var/log

You can run (in terminal)

systemd-analyze-blame

and post the output here for examination.

1 Like

It would be nice if I could boot ZorinOS in 2mins, but don't really care considering the age of the laptop. I have done systemd-analyze-blame in the past and it does show up where the time is taken, so worth doing if every second counts :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.