Video plays without audio

Sometimes when i connect my ps4 controller for some reason my sound change to the sound from the ps4 controller :joy:

Haha yeah I totally see your point, but other programs are playing audio at the same time. But could it be possible that only specific apps use the wrong audio device? :thinking:

Trying to install Telegram with

sudo snap install telegram-desktop --edge

now, let's see :crossed_fingers:

So, it's getting weirder and weirder. As soon as I play a media file within Telegram (Video or a voice mail), Telegram and the other apps (Whatsapp, Plexamp) stop playing audio :sweat_smile: What the heck?

Also, if I click on "play" on a media file in Telegram, instantly my Twitch.tv video stops playing, displaying a transcoder error :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: What the actual heck is going on? :sweat_smile:

What audio system do you use ? Is is stereo or dolby ? hdmi cable or ?

@Aravisian maybe split the threat ?

1 Like

Good point! I'm tinkering with the audio settings as well and mayyybe you can help. Also think splitting the threads might be good.

However: A few months back I tried to connect my shure microfone to the computer, which didn't work with Zorin's default pulse, so I installed pipewire as a workaround. Maybe this causes issues now with the Nvidia card/the changed setup?

Let me see if I can revert back to the default pulse audio and test

I have not been following along and am multi-tasking; If you could, please note which post should define the Split Point...

EDIT: TY Carmar...

Ooookay. After reverting back to default pulse, zorins settings app hung up, forcing me to hard reboot, now neither of my 3 monitors is displaying anything :tada: zorin boots and is stuck on the zorin logo, even though the system is booted :slightly_smiling_face:

::thinking:

Try grub and recovery mode ???

1 Like

Same Kernel panic error message as yesterday when trying to enter recovery mode. Oh boy...

If it was my computer ... I would start over from scratch.

5 Likes

Probably the best thing I can do here, true

Never asked, but do you have a separate soundcard? (And I don't mean on-board sound.)

Hey there,

so I've been back to Windows, only come to find Zorin has spoiled me too much and now I clean installed Zorin again :sweat_smile: Just FYI.

It also seems like this is a general issue with my (audio) system, as the issues still go on after a clean install (Like wiping every bit of the previous installations and re-install it), but to answer your question precisely: No, I don't use a seperate soundcard, but my motherboard has some sound settings, gonna check those later :slight_smile:

1 Like

I assume the kernel panic error is gone ?

1 Like

It most definitely is! :slightly_smiling_face:

However, I can't be lucky this time around it seems. Now the freshly installed zorin OS isn't booting anymore..........

It's stuck on the motherboards splash screen. AM I SO MUCH OF A NOOB TO KEEP AN OPERATING SYSTEM RUNNING LONGER THAN TEA TIME? FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!

Some audio cards need small fixing.

What card you you have ?

I have an RTX 3090 from Zotac. Just nothing happens anymore....

Thats a gpu or do they come with soundcards these days ????

Oh sorry. I've read video card :sweat_smile: about the sound card I'm not sure which one comes with the MB I have. Will check later :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In terminal write lspci, post everything from it here please.