Well I'm well chuffed "pleased"

After some while rebuilding this computer, I have manged to duel boot Win ten and Zorin light, now to most of you this is not a big deal, but for me I got to the stage of watching so many videos and reading up how to do this, I took the plunge and yep this works a treat, thanks to all the posts that lead me in the right direction, now going to have a very large Scotch to celebrate, cheers. :clinking_glasses: :clinking_glasses:

5 Likes

Having some encouragement and believing in yourself often gets much more rewarding results than thinking 'you can't do it' or 'it's above the users ability.'

:wink:

2 Likes

"thinking 'you can't do it' was no doubt my problem!

2 Likes

I just took the plunge yesterday and installed Zorin Lite with "Use whole disk" mode, erasing Windows 11 from my new laptop. I now have no working machines with Windows. (Also possible thanks to help in these forums.)

1 Like

Zorin is a great OS but I'm having a few problems at the moment, no doubt I will get some good advice, enjoy Zorin.

1 Like

Thanks, you too.

Yeah, my heart sank soon after wiping Windows. I couldn't get my wifi card to work any more! Fortunately I recreated all the various steps from the forum thread and got it working again.

But still a whole list of things to get through before I've got it set up exactly how I need it. Nose to the grindstone!

1 Like

I think many people want to leave windows but fear the learning curve, I will admit to being one of those people?

1 Like

For me the key has turned out to be "one thing at a time". (Blindingly obvious in hindsight.) A couple of months ago, I was trying to do all things on all devices all at once (further Zorin changes on HP G4, set up Zorin/sort out hard drive on Lenovo Ideapad 330, set up Zorin/sort out wifi on new Lenovo Ideapad 1, fix mum's old iPad). Not surprisingly, I was going nuts.

Now I try to focus on one machine at a time, and one issue at a time, until that machine is sorted. And take a Timeshift snapshot after each issue is sorted. (I only divert to a different issue on another machine while waiting for something, e.g. answer in forum, re the current principal machine and current issue.)

2 Likes

Sounds like a solid plan, I must remember that!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.